Abortion = murder??????????

If people consider abortion murder, then how is using contraceptives not murder? Using contraceptives is also preventing a baby from having life....

I'm pro choice I'm just curious as to other people's logic on this matter.

Best Answer

No, abortion = abortion.

I don't get why people think abortion is akin to murder. So if I was raped and found out that I was pregnant at 5 weeks and medically aborted it with a pill, that is as bad as some psychopath stabbing people in the heart?

Abortion is NOT murder. And using contraceptives is not murder.

So if a girl has a period, it is murder because it is preventing a baby from having life? She could have gotten pregnant! So girls should constantly have babies every single time of their lives or else they are murderers! And if a boy masturbates or has a wet dream, he is a MURDERER. Actually, fathers are also murderers because only 1 sperm was used, the rest was wasted. MURDERER!

Source(s): Me

It's only 100% murder if you're a religious fundamentalist. If you're not, you can use reason to look at the issue in more depth. Depending on the country you live in, abortion generally isn't murder if it's performed in the first 3 months of the pregnancy. In the UK (my country) It's perfectly legal (ie not murder) to have an abortion if the pregnancy is less than 24 weeks old. The same is the case in pretty much all western countries I know about, and I guess south africa is the same. Any later than that and you won't be allowed to have one unless your own life is in danger. When trying to decide if it's murder or not, remember that a foetus is not a human being yet, it doesn't feel pain or emotion like a child or an adult. The question is, at what point does a foetus become developed enough to start feeling pain and emotion?

Using contraceptives is a vague definition. It depends on how they work. There are some that prevent the embryo to connect to the walls of the uterus (in that case it is murder) and there are some that prevent the sperm and egg to connect and thus the embryo does not form. Once that first cell starts dividing you have a new life so it is murder. Hope you understand.

Using contraceptives is not murder.

• Using contraceptives prevents pregnancy from occurring, whereas abortion destroys a life that has already begun.

Source(s): Germanic Pagan

*sighs* because to not take a life that does not exist is not murder. To take a live that does exist is!

PS Abortion is not a form of contraception.

Contraceptives (such as condoms or diaphragms) which prevent the woman from conceiving are not murder , but those which prevent the fertilized egg or fetus from growing or implanting (such as IUDs) could be more correctly termed aborfactants.

The sperm and egg have not joined.

If we chew cake but never swallow it, we did not eat cake.

Contraceptives prevent a human life from beginning; but abortion takes the life of a being that has already all the genetic potential to develop into a completely unique human being, if only provided with nourishment and the proper environment, which up to the time of birth is the womb.

There are people alive today who survived abortion attempts against them.

http://www.lifenews.com/2011/09/15/i-survived-a-fa...

The difference is that those classifying abortion as murder want to characterize zygotes as people. Contraception does not destroy zygotes, it merely prevents them from being formed in the first place.