Marijuana around young children, can I report it?

Today I went over to one of my boyfriend's mom's friend's house... there was three marijuana plants growing in their backyard, and an old joint rolled up in the bathroom garbage. Normally, I wouldn't care because it's not hurting anyone..but the thing is there are two young children living in the house, ages 1 and 5, and ALL the marijuana is kept low to the ground. Kids love to explore, and grab things, and eat I'm kind of worried for the kids. In fact, the marijuana plants are kept right next to the kids trampoline, and the so called "parents" don't even watch the kids. The kids could probably go outside and munch on the cannabis and the parents wouldn't care, even if they knew the kids got a hold of it. If I was to report this, would the police do anything about it?

10 Answers

  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Eating the plant has no effect. THC is activated by heat. Even though your stomach acid would dissolve the plant, this acid is still only body temperature. Without a significant increase in temperature there is no harmful effect. Plus is tastes nasty - I've tried it.

    That being said, a parent who grows pot around their kids probably makes other poor life decisions. But a foster home may be even worse than their current situation - so think it through.

  • 8 years ago

    You forgot to state the most important part:

    How does any of this become your problem to deal with? Who the hell died and made you the Guardian of Public Morals and sweet little children of the world?

    How would you feel if you extended your hospitality to some ignorant snoop who started going through your place checking everything out and passing judgment on you? If you don't like what goes on in that house, don't go there. And keep your nose out of other people's lives.

    How much scrutiny could your own life take?

  • Erika
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

    I dabbled while i grew to become into youthful yet gave it up in the previous I have been given pregnant, have not on account that then. i grew to become right into a effective smoker, it grew to become into occasional on the weekends right here and there, not a lifestyles-type. i grew to become into working feet and doing college feet. My mothers and fathers have been hippy's, they smoked right here and there, I in no way knew however. humorous tale, while i grew to become into 17 a chum have been given me a bag for my birthday and that i attempted to roll a joint and smoke it in the exterior. My dad got here exterior so I threw it in a bush. He reported, "the place is it?!" I reported "the place is what?" he's all i understand you're smoking weed, the place is it? I confirmed him the place and he have been given it, then he grew to become into like the place's something? So I gave him the dishevelled, and he reported "Now, the place are the papers?" Hahaha. I nonetheless did not get that for a 300 and sixty 5 days! while i grew to become into 18 he ultimately admitted that he wanted the stash and needed the papers on account that he did not have any. first of all, you do not smoke something in front of young ones. 2ndly, do not make it a lifestlye. i think of that's irresponsible for oldsters with youthful infants to smoke in any respect EDIT- i'm not judging my mothers and fathers, they owned companies and we consistently had each little thing we would have liked and greater, they did not even drink, it in no way affected me so of course, they weren't undesirable mothers and fathers.

  • 8 years ago

    Your question cannot be answered. I can't tell the future or whether the police will or will not do anything. Assuming reasonable circumstances, the police should do something.

    I believe that the real problem here is your attitude that your reporting a crime to the police is dependent upon your belief, or someone else's belief, that the police might not do anything about it. That is childish behavior. As a citizen, you have a duty to report it to the police whether they do anything about it or not.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

    How would you like it if you were 5 years old and the police took your parent(s) away for several years?

    Obviously if the parents are bad in other ways, it might be the right thing to do, but seriously consider the consequences before you do anything. Thanks.

  • 8 years ago

    You know they will. It is illegal right? Plus those people will know you reported it. Instead of calling the police- call CPS that will show you really care about the children not just want revenge. But they will probably get busted - loose the kids and house if the cops are called.

    Can't you just ask your boyfriend to do something ? Or is he a dope too?

  • 8 years ago

    Yes, it can and should be reported to the police and child services.

  • 8 years ago

    call local child care services - anonymous call.

  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

    Well, you cold always take a picture of the "stuff" and show it to police to show that it's more urgent and yo have proof.tha should help.

  • 8 years ago

    well weed is illiagal in the US so I would think you can report that by itself. the fact that it was around young kids adds even more to it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.