Lauren asked in HealthWomen's Health · 8 years ago

Yogurt tampon for yeast infection?

Ok so, I have a yeast infection and I've decided to give the yogurt & tampon trick a try. But I'm confused, do i soak the tampon in yogurt while the applicator is on, or do i take the tampon out and then soak it? Because when it soaks it swells up and I have a difficult time getting it in.

Favorite Answer

Hi Sarah,

That is a bad idea. You will be better of taking the yogurt orally rather than putting it with your tampon. The last thing you want to do is keep that area damp. You can however treat this quite easily by yourself. It will require a trip to your local health food store and buy some items. Also you will need to change you diet for a limited time. Once you follow this, you will get rid of the infection and also candida ( yeast ) over-growth in your body:

1. Choose cotton underwear and do not wear tight trousers (Moulds love warm, dark spaces with limited airflow).

2. Avoid damp environments where airborne moulds are ever-present.

3. Exercise everyday to relieve stress. Aerobic exercise is especially useful in treating candida as Candida and other fungi do not thrive in a high-oxygen environment. Also, fresh air and regular exercise have a positive effect on immunity.

4. Cut all foods containing yeast including bread, pizza, crackers, pastries, muffins, mushrooms and ferments like soy sauce, cheese, tomato paste, beer and vinegar.

5. Avoid refined carbohydrates as they are known to have a depressant effect on the immune system.

6. Get organic coconut oil which cost about $5-7 dollars from a health food store and take 2 tablespoons of it every morning. It will help give relief from the inflammation caused by yeast (candida), externally and internally to your body.

7. Get apple cider vinegar RAW. I would recommend the one from a company called Bragg's which is about $6 dollars. Take 2 tablespoons of it the moment you wake up from bed and before you go to sleep. It helps encourage the growth of healthy bacteria, which in turn minimizes the overgrowth of candida and balances your body's pH level.

8. Eat lots of leafy Green Veg's every time you are hungry.

9. Get probiotics supplement which cost about 20-30 dollars. Use as directed

10. AVOID ALL SUGAR BASED FOODS

This will starve the candida and reduce you inflammation. You can use this with your cream as it will do no harm. But please this will require effort on your part and since you did take action by seeking help I know you can do what i suggested above . I can tell you from personally experience that this WORKS because I have done this myself

Source(s): Current med student. I highly recommend you check out http://www.yeastinfection.org so you can avoid this from happening in the future

2

Source(s): Yeast Infection Home Remedy - http://YeastCure.trustdd.com/?juHQ

Sorry girl but that doesn't work and it's a MESS!! You can now buy yeast infection creams w/o a prescription over the counter at any drug store for cheap enough and it'll actually work. I highly suggest not wasting your time trying the yogurt tampon just eat the yogurt for the good bacteria and go buy the real stuff. If you don't and it gets worse you may end up with a bacterial infection that requires serious antibiotics that make you not be able to drink alcohol for TEN DAYS!!!!

Source(s): Current & past experience :(

Unique Yeast Infection System : http://YeastCured.com

You might have put too much yogurt on the tampon, try less so it wont swell up as much and you can get it in easily.

Yeast Infection Freedom System - http://YeastCured.uzaev.com/?DYlI

• Jaimee

i have never tried it but on Dr. Oz show yesterday he confirmed it works within 20 minutes of inserting... i know this is a VERY OLD question on here but just wanted to answer it :).