Can my boyfriend move in?

This is a doozy! My husband had an affair and moved out of the matrimonial home almost 2 years ago. He began by moving in next door to his girlfriend (who also left her husband) and about a month ago, they rented a house together. We are STILL not divorced. Neither is his girlfriend and her husband.

We had agreed that I would keep the home after a loan assumption, but we just haven't done everything to get it all done yet. Here's the question. I have a boyfriend that stays with me once in a while - not all the time. I also have a 15 year old son that splits time between here and his dad's house.

My soon-to-be-ex is telling me that he doesn't care if by boyfriend stays here when our son isn't here, but he isn't allowed to be here when my son is here. Now, I pay all of the bills and utlities. I get absolutely nothing from the ex. He has threatened to call the police and have by boyfriend removed if he finds out he's staying here when my son is here. He keeps trying to use the fact that his name is on the house as leverage. But, he hasn't paid anything or lived here in almost 2 years. Does he have any say in whether my boyfriend stays here once in a while if he just rented a home with his girlfriend?

Help! By the way, I live in Ohio.

5 Answers

  • Favorite Answer

    That is just a guy so you need to use this time to see if your bf loves you and respect what you say. So right now when son is not there just don't have him there. The end of the game is getting your name 100% on the house. After that forget what ex says. You have a point now and can even get child support and maybe even alimony, but this is all peaceful now and I'm sure EVERYONE including son wants peace.

    I like to just add because maybe I got your attention:

    Recommended to take it slow, take time to get to know the person. Try to keep things clean, less baggage. Let 7 years of perfect relationship before marriage. After 7 years of perfect marriage then a child if wanted.

    If things are minor I usually just wouldn't even give it a second thought. If it is major I just fix it the best way and that's it. Maybe this will be a good method for you guys. Always reinforce it with Love

    Either way for later as a wife if you decide make sure to take care of him always in the love making area. I hope you can be stay at home wife ([no school]events with guys around unless your husband is there 100%) that takes care of all the woman things and he is taking care of all the man things like lifting, fixing working outside and handling all those jerks, and if you do work outside you know what I mean. I hope you can be a home wife so the marriage can be a loving one with peace.

    Always talking is good. Find a private place to talk with time to talk. Never teach, just inform if necessary and in a meek manner. Handle the kids and teach them with few words and listen well, pay attention to details. If some parts kids can't be handled then inform the husband.

    Be a good wife and make sure all the cooking and cleaning is done. Stay Fit, Smell Good, Dress well. Make sure to make love when ever either of you want.

    Be meek. Quick to listen, slow to speak. Only tell him things when needed. Never teach him. If you do tell him something make sure it is kindly. Handle the kids, and if you notice you can't for sure then inform him in a kindly way.

    Hugs and kisses are always good any time, instead in front of the guys otherwise the guys might want some too. Make sure to let him know to keep the making love part private.

    On another note you seem to be a very nice person, so I like to add that what ever person you want a serious relationship with, take your time (years) and really really really see if this is the person you will spend your whole life with. If you can even better never get married and just enjoy your life with nothing serious, make sure the other party knows your intentions. I also like to add though, in marriage it is a different kinda love, a very valuable kinda love. Always do whats best for everyone like what you did when you asked this question,

    Try your best. Love like you never love before. This is the best way for love to come and start surrounding your life. May love be around you, through you and is you.

    Love and the Good Life will come

    P.S. Email me if you have another further statements

  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

    nicely their isn't too lots you're able to do. putting out with a coarse crowd will consistently draw complaint for others. additionally while you're doing issues your discern/mom's boyfriend will frown upon you're purely placing your self up for a disagreement. the sole factor you're able to do is stay your existence and attempt to be respectable. i'm specific in case you supply your new domicile pals a gamble they gained't look as undesirable as you are able to think of. If smoking turns right into a subject evaluate quitting as that's undesirable to your wellbeing.

  • 8 years ago

    well, tell boy friend to stay away for a while until you can settle your home life.

    so what if he`s living with another girl, two wrongs don`t make a right. you need to get all paper work needed filed on the agreement the two of you have together first.

    do it the right way for you, your son and your boy friend as well.

    in the mean time, have your boy friend protect you and your son and stay away for now.

    be smart and have patience watch how things come your way with blessings that will follow.

  • 8 years ago

    Get a divorce already. He's NOT your dad and he can't tell you what to do. Let him know that you haven't made a fuss about his girl, so he doesn't have anything to say about YOUR guy.

    If you don't get a divorce, he's GOING to be trouble. GOING TO BE.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • mmm
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

    he is trying to control you - I'd let him try - force the issue - if you don't have the cash to file for divorce . . . let him get the ball rolling

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.