Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 9 years ago

Yesterday i opened my fathers laptop checked his history and found porn,is he cheating on my mother?

I went to check fb on my fathers laptop when suddely my browser closed,so i opened it again and wantted to reopen it from the history tab but i saw porn,could it be possible for him to be cheating on my mother?

Favorite Answer

Yes, It is, Perhaps more than anything else, Satan has succeeded in twisting and perverting sex. He has taken what is good and right (loving sex between a husband and wife) and replaced it with lust, pornography, adultery, rape, and homosexuality. Pornography can be the first step on a very slippery slope of ever-increasing wickedness and immorality (Romans 6:19). The addictive nature of pornography is well documented. Just as a drug user must consume greater and more powerful quantities of drugs to achieve the same “high,” pornography drags a person deeper and deeper into hard-core sexual addictions and ungodly desires.

The three main categories of sin are the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life (1 John 2:16). Pornography definitely causes us to lust after flesh, and it is undeniably a lust of the eyes. Pornography definitely does not qualify as one of the things we are to think about, according to Philippians 4:8. Pornography is addictive (1 Corinthians 6:12; 2 Peter 2:19), and destructive (Proverbs 6:25-28; Ezekiel 20:30; Ephesians 4:19). Lusting after other people in our minds, which is the essence of pornography, is offensive to God (Matthew 5:28). When habitual devotion to pornography characterizes a person’s life, it demonstrates the person is not saved (1 Corinthians 6:9).

You didn't read the entire message - and you really should read the entire message. THat may help you to figure out if you took the message out of context. Also, this was an old cell phone. It may be that he had a fling with her that lasted a week and then he couldn't live with it and so he got rid of her. You don't know all the circumstances. IT is possible that your mom knew about the affair and that your mom and dad worked through it already and that everything is fine. It is also possible that your mom and dad have an "open" marriage. Also, this could have been a message she texted your father by accident - meaning for it to have gone to her husband. This sometimes happens too! Also, she could have had a crush on your father and was trying to break him and your mother up, so she texted him this message that made it look like he was cheating when he wasn't. There are so many possibilities. If I were you, I would keep this old message to myself and understand that I am NOT sure what happened or if anything happened. Your goal is not to destroy your family - so I wouldn't say anything. Look at it this way: if you say something to your dad he will just deny it. If you say something to your mom, she will probably not believe you and your dad will STILL deny it. IF you say anything you will just create a bunch of drama and people will end up punishing you for "snooping". IF he loves your mom and your mom loves him - then just let it be. You don't know the circumstances and if your father is so great then you NEED to give him the benefit of the doubt and move on with your life NOT thinking he cheated but that there is some other explanation. Oh - and I DID tell my dad that my mom was cheating. I didn't tell my dad when I saw my mom on Yahoo Personals. I didn't tell my dad when she showed other signs of cheating. I DID tell my dad when SHE TOLD ME SHE HAD A BOYFRIEND. Do you see the difference? I didn't tell my dad until I KNEW for certain that my mom was cheating. Again, you don't know anything for certain - so why worry your mom unnecessarily and why break up the entire family on an "uncertainty". There's something you don't know about marriage yet (until you are married). There is a deep trust between a husband and a wife. The marriage is BASED on is trust. Once it appears that trust is broken - the marriage is almost always unretrieveably broken up. DO you get it? If you put suspicions in your mom's head - that's it - they will probably break up - even if you are WRONG about your suspicions. So, you shouldn't say anything to her unless you are 100% positive you know that your dad is cheating on her. And if this was a past affair that is over now - then it is not worth mentioning it to your mom at all because they are happy together now - the affair is over - and you telling her will immediately stop the marital bliss that they have now. People screw up, it's possible your dad screwed up for a week in his marriage - don't sacrifice 20 years of marriage for a screw up that happened a long time ago.

No, that isn't cheating. Your Mom probably isn't putting out so your Dad needs some sort of escape. Tell your Mother to start putting out or your Dad will keep fwapping it to hot chicks who do put out.

Source(s): Me.

No big deal MAN >>! i mean its normal for a man to wtch porn .>! so relax , hez nt cheating your mom ...!

• Kelly

Porn doesn't mean that he is cheating, he's just a normal man.

Well maybe he is, maybe not, as thats the answer for any man. But the porn doesn't increase the odds. Chances are your mom already knows about this so forget it ever happened.

No just because like look at porn (what man don't and some women too) doesn't mean he is cheating.

no just being a real man LOL

Lol I agree with Daniel

HAHAHHA. He's just being a guy.

Source(s): .