I look absolutely horrible in pictures, but good in the mirror?

When I get ready to go out or just everyday, I look in the mirror and think I look good. Then I will see myself in a picture and I look horrible! I look chubby, my skin looks oily and horrible, and I look like I am missing a tooth in a lot of them! ( and I am not). In the mirror, I am average weight, I don't have oily skin and I am not missing a tooth lol. But I can't figure out if how I really look is the way I look in pictures or in the mirror. Which one is it?

Favorite Answer

Some people are photogenic and some aren't based on the structure of their face. I'm a lot better in person as well. I think there are ways to make up your face for photographs versus daily wear - you might want to look into how that's done.

same here, I like the way I look in the mirror, pretty, but in pictures, I look like TOTALLY different girl !! I hate it!!! Thats why I rip some of my pictures because they turn out ugly !!

I am the same way... born to be photo-awkward

That happens to me too! it all depends on the quality of the camera...such as like when i take a pic with the camera on my phone, i don't look that good, but when i take a picture with like a $500 camera, i look even better than i do in the mirror:)

Don't look at it in a negative ! At least you're not like sooo depressed about it like other girls.. :-) as long as you think your beautiful that's the best thing !! :-)