I need help with a 504 plan for benign essential tremors?

There is a ton of information out there on benign essential tremors, but I need specific guidance on what to demand in my son's 504 plan. I would love to see a specific sample plan for this condition, but I can't find one. The school where my son goes has been quite helpful without a 504 plan, but I think we need a formal plan in place before he gets to high school.

• Chris
    Favorite Answer

He needs more time on tests, breaks. and the ability to type everything or to take tests orally. He may also need to take test with writing early in the morning as essential tremors gets worse with fatigue. If it is bad enough, he made need his books carried.

I'm a college professor and I have both essential tremors and writer's cramp. If I teach several classes in a row I can have trouble carrying my stuff back to my office. One of my students will volunteer to carry for me if they see me shaking too bad. High school students are mature enough to be helpful.

• Saul

I have an Essential Tremor, I was diagnosed in high-school(I was 13, I'm 19 now). Good news I find that my tremors come less often, when I was younger my hands would shake nearly all the the time. Bad news my tremors have gotten worse, when I was younger I could work through them, now I have to stop what I'm doing or really struggle. This will be a life long thing for your brother, I hope that he is able to do what he loves for as long as he can. P.S There are medications for Essential Tremor, but nobody knows how well they actually work for people