HELP: Should I pick UMich or Notre Dame?

Okay, so I need to decide within 11 days! I would really appreciate it if you could provide your input on which school I should go to :) I'm a mechanical engineering major (I want to focus on/minor in biology and either become a biomedical engineer or doctor).

Michigan: less expensive (I'm in-state), ranked higher for engineering, better surrounding town, wider selection of opportunities; but bigger school (less attention)

Notre Dame: I'm really proud to have gotten in here. I'd really feel like I was missing out if I didn't go. I LOVE the campus itself (although South Bend isn't exactly the funnest city), LOVE the dorm system (everyone lives in the dorms, they're basically like sororities/fraternities), LOVE the food (haha, it's just healthy & delicious), I'm Catholic and think it would be a great opportunity for my relationship with God to strengthen. The engineering program isn't ranked as high, but--like Michigan--when I visited it seemed as though there were lots of opportunities for research/internships (plus, smaller school = more attention). Both schools have outstanding alumni working. Both schools have the excitement/spirit that comes with Division I sports. Kind of like the idea of going to a school where I really won't know anyone from high school, haha. Oh, and only 2 hours from Chicago (my favorite city)!

My twin sister is going to Michigan, for the record...it may be nice to branch out. Plus, Ann Arbor's only an hour away from my house...I haven't yet gotten my financial aid package from ND (expecting it this week), but apparently they give good aid. I expect it to cost more than Michigan--probably $10,000 more per year.

Thanks in advance!

Favorite Answer

I think you already figured it out, looking at the descriptin you agave Notre Dame compared to Michigan.

Notre dame is where you need to be!