I have a Nikon d100 and a Vivitar macro lense. can i use the lense on the SLR-body?

Thank you :)
Update: Thanks, I really don't know that much about cameras, so I appreciate your help. I bought the Vivitar lense at a garage sale, and got it cheap. (I also bought a Minolta xg-m camera. The lense doesn't have much information on it, therefore i dont know if its designed for nikon. it says "Vivitar macro... show more Thanks, I really don't know that much about cameras, so I appreciate your help. I bought the Vivitar lense at a garage sale, and got it cheap. (I also bought a Minolta xg-m camera. The lense doesn't have much information on it, therefore i dont know if its designed for nikon. it says "Vivitar macro 1:5x No.09726940."
Any more information out of that? :)
Update 2: oops. I missed a part. it's a "Vivitar 70-210 mm 1:4.5-5.6 MC Macro Focusing Zoom Ø52 mm"