Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 8 years ago

Is it normal to sometimes feel sad for no real reason?

I'm not depressed, normally I'm really happy but today I just feel a bit... down hearted?

I should be happy - I may get Invisalign soon, I've just finally finished my coursework for A level and have been told I'm gonna get a good mark, etc...

Is it okay to sometimes not feel happy for no reason ? :/

Update:

I'm 17, I guess I'm still a teenager lol :)

But it's nowhere near that time of the month, thank god haha

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, it is normal and "okay" and it is not related to your age.

Why do people listen to sad songs? Logically, you would think people would not intentionally become sad.

There are times when a certain amount of tension needs to be released. Hearing a sad song or crying releases tension and helps a person get back to "normal". Some people go for a walk or jog when the tension builds and it works for them.

You may have heard a small child cry when he is very angry and frustrated. He is so angry that he wants to continue crying, but after a few minutes he cannot. Then you can hear that he is faking his weeping. His tension has been released and he cannot physically continue to actually cry.

I don't know the biological process, but I feel better after releasing tension and I sometimes enjoy a sad song or movie.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

It is perfectly normal, some days people just need to be sad. Everyone has something wrong in there life. Or everyone has had something wrong in their lifetime. When you don't show any emotion at that time the sadness still hits you. Some days it still hits you even if you let your emotions pour out. There is nothing wrong with being sad. It is perfectly normal, there is nothing to be concerned about it is all fine. Trust me i bottle in my feeling so much that sometimes i break down and i didn't know why then i think about it and that is the reason

• Julia
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

you're fine its normal! no one feels happy all the time. think of your emotions as the tide, things come in ebbs and flows....

life is very up and down when you are 17. its a time of big changes and important decisions about your future. moving into being a more responsible adult, letting go of childhood etc.

the time to be concerned is when you are depressed for days on end and lose interest in things you used to enjoy doing.

• Cora
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

It's totally normal, especially if you're still in/bordering your teenage years. It could also be to do with your hormones changing around the time of your period, which is normal too.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

Hggfffgdhghfg

• 8 years ago

Yes and for many reasons, physical, emotional, mental stresses on us from our everyday lives...even when something good is happening we can still experience stress and our female cycle can play a role too

• Yeah, As long as it's not deeply bad and your suicidal, you don't have to be Happy 24/7

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

It's one of life's emotions and perfectly normal unless you dwell on it.Many women become like that around their monthly cycle

• 8 years ago

Sure you can't be happy all the time. If you were you wouldn't know what happiness is.

• 8 years ago

No thats not okay. You have to be happy all the time.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.