What are your opinions on Jessica Simpson's baby's name?

Jessica Simpson gave birth to a baby girl named Maxwell, with the nickname Maxi.

I personally really don't like it. Maxwell is a boy's name and I'm not really a fan of the nickname...

I know the name has meaning, but I believe that she should have just Maxine or another feminine variant of Maxwell.

What do you think?

used Maxine*

not just...odd typo. haha

Haha, I thought of Maxi pads as well!

And Maxwell is Eric Johnson's (her fiance) middle name.

Oh really? She hasn't? hahhaa..now I feel stupid.

Darn those lying gossip magazines!

;)

Favorite Answer

Maxwell is an awful name for a girl and the nickname Maxi is even worse (reminds me of Maxi pads).

I agree with you.

Maxwell is a very masculine boy's name, and it just so happens to be one of my most favourite names for a boy. Maxine is quite lovely for a girl, in my opinion, and still yields the nickname Maxi.

SO many girls are being named boy names, and it really frustrates me because so many great boy names are being ruined. I personally just prefer it when people stick to using legitimate, beautiful, strong, feminine names for their girls, and strong, masculine, classic names for boys. It also sends a really bad message because when people use boy names on girls, but not girl names on boys, then it basically says that it's not cool to have a feminine name, but that boy names are cool for everyone. And you do NOT teach a girl that she's strong by giving her a man's name. It just doesn't work. Give her a female name, and teach her to be strong and confident in herself. :)

I totally agree with you. Maxwell? Come ON. And Maxi is kinda like a maxi pad...I wouldn't want my child to get teased because of that.

All these boys names on girls is really stupid. If she wanted to call her child Maxi, she could of used Maxine. If she wanted to use a name that's also used on boys, she could have chosen a unisex name like Cameron, Jamie, or Avery.

Celebrities and their baby names...

:)

I personally like Maxi or Max for a girl, they're still "boy" names but they're just a little edgy. I don't like Maxine all that much, but i still agree with you. Maxwell just doesn't work for a girl, it's too much

The only Maxwell's I know are boy names.

She honestly shouldn't have named her baby this.

She actually hasn't had her baby yet, per her Twitter page.

Not a fan of Maxine either - I'm with you!

• Caw

I completely agree with you. I just heard about that name today and i thought it was weird and not suitable for a girl. I don't know the meaning of it for them though but i agree they should of just stuck to a feminine version of the name.

• i

its definetily a boys name