If I get flagged for 3rd-party-matching content on YouTube, what do I do to avoid being copyright-struck?

Having a copyright strike is extremely serious on YouTube. Similar to the 3-strikes law in California. 3 copyright strikes and you are out--that is, you lose your YouTube account forever! You get one or two strikes, half of your YouTube privileges will be taken away (for instance, no more extended uploads on your... show more Having a copyright strike is extremely serious on YouTube. Similar to the 3-strikes law in California. 3 copyright strikes and you are out--that is, you lose your YouTube account forever! You get one or two strikes, half of your YouTube privileges will be taken away (for instance, no more extended uploads on your videos).

But if I am flagged for 3rd-party-matching content, there is a risk that I could be "copyright-struck", so what do I do?