Ammonia in tap water?

Okay, here's my problem. I have an uncycled aquarium and have ammonia in my tap water. I use Prime water conditioner, and I know it will neutralize the ammonia. But everything I have read online is that the biological filter removes that ammonia within a few hours. I don't have that biological filter... show more Okay, here's my problem. I have an uncycled aquarium and have ammonia in my tap water. I use Prime water conditioner, and I know it will neutralize the ammonia. But everything I have read online is that the biological filter removes that ammonia within a few hours. I don't have that biological filter yet...so how do I take care of this ammonia. I have a 15 gallon tank with one fantail goldfish. I have established bacteria from another tank, but it's not cycled yet. I recently transferred him from my 3 gallon cycled tank a week ago, and at that time put all rocks and decorations in the bottom of this tank to aid in cycling. But I have had to treat for ich so I have been doing massive water changes, so the cycle has been slowed way down, needless to say.
Update: Yes, I know what a biological filter is...my point is mine is not established yet. So how do I get rid of this ammonia? I've been using bottled water but that is very costly.