Ivan "Pudgy" Rodriquez, completely overrated?

I don't see what the big deal is with this guy. Plus he admitted/implicated in Steroid use. He is no Varitek or even a Posada. No HOF IMHAO.

http://blogcritics.org/sports/article/ivan-rodrigu...

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

i think so. like all steroid users before they get caught, fans regard them as great, but as soon as we see them for what they really are, they're not that special anymore. he was a good defensive catcher and a good hitter, but when you realize that he cheated, he's not that good anymore.

• 9 years ago

he is not even close to being overrated. In his prime he wa the most feared catcher offensively and defensively. He had the defensive abilities of yadier molina with the hitting abilities of mike piazza. There is no way you can call that overrated. Id like to see a better overall catcher in the past 20 years.

• 9 years ago

Pudge is the best overall catcher in the history of the game.

Jose Canseco said that Pudge used them... but that's not proof (like we have seen with A-Rod, Palmiero and McGwire).

• 9 years ago

Rodriquez is one of the top five catchers in the game

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

No not at all, he's the best defensive catcher of this generation and one of the best offensive catcher's of this generation. Your lack of baseball knowledge shows in each and every one of your questions and answers.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I know! He's only the second greatest catcher in baseball history.. why do people make a big deal about him?

• 9 years ago

yeah you white people all think pudge is overrated...........nothing new here dude..........all you honkies roll the same way haha

so typical and predictable how you white people run to the "steroid card"

Source(s): Pudge is a HOF'er
  • 9 years ago

He was a God among baseball players. If you ignore that steroids thing that is.

• 9 years ago

What? Why do you care?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.