So I'm 17 and I want to cash a check, but I have no current bank account...?
Things I'm wondering:
1. Does my "minor age" not allow me to do this without a parent?
2. The check is written out specifcally to me and is from bank of america, can I just go to that specific bank and have it cashed?
3. Being 17, what types of accouts are available to me?
No need to answer all, just what you can :))) thanks
And for those who are wondering, this is my first check from my JOB. And as of the no parent help, they were the ones to tell me to do it myself. Gosh..
- Gaia’s GardenLv 79 years ago
Wal Mart will cash it for a $3 charge.
- ATFLv 59 years ago
1. No, not at all. I cashed checks when I was 17. All I needed was my ID and SS number.
2. You can cash it anywhere, but some will take out a percentage of it like 10%. So cash it there and it will be less or free to cash it.
3. And many accounts are available to you, I have had my checking and savings account since I was 8. I now have my own private account.Source(s): everyday funding!
- travelmasterLv 79 years ago
WHO GAVE YOU this check
Why did get this check
there are scam out there which use fake or counterfeit checks
why do you not want to get help from parent -make me wonder
are you up to no good?
you might need id plus bofa wll charge you checking cashing fee of up to $10.00