Starshot asked in SportsBaseball · 9 years ago

What is your favorite Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez moment?

the legendary catcher has retired from MLB

• George
    Favorite Answer

When he agreed to sign with the Detroit Tigers. At that time, he could have gone just about anywhere in baseball, but he picked the Tigers. And the Tigers were TERRIBLE at the time. Once Pudge signed, others started coming here too. He's a pretty classy guy in my eyes! He's also a first ballot Hall of Famer!

• ?

i like how each thing's continuously related to the Yankees... No, with the aid of no ability did Detroit get the extra useful of this deal. Pudge is a surefire HOF catcher - how many catchers are interior the hall? Farnsworth is an additionally-ran who has under no circumstances lived as much as his capacity...I enjoyed the guy while he grow to be youthful & promising, now he's a form of years right into a mediocre profession...and now a Tiger. i've got formally renounced my status as a tiger fan in tiger u . s . a .. in case you like me, i'm going to be observing the cubs. Yankee followers ought to get excitement from Pudge as he enables win yet yet another championship or 2... yet to handle your underlying question, i might have cherished to work out Molina get his possibility to end the year with the aid of fact the main backstop - he's definitely comes from the wonderful family contributors to be a effective substantial league catcher...and you're superb, Pudge will thieve maximum of his video games, thunder, and ab's...

When he played for, Detroit Tigers.

It has to be the JT Snow collision at the plate. That was epic baseball, AND it helped the Marlins on their way to the 2003 World Series.

• Bocan

That time he quit taking steroids, lost 40 lbs, and quit hitting for power.

• MFFL

It's strange. He's on my all-time favorites, but I don't really have a favorite moment. Probably because for the most part of his Rangers career, the team was awful.

• Like, when, he was doing the 'Roids?

• Erich

2003 NLDS game 4, 9th inning. JT Snow (the would be tying run) comes barreling into home plate and Pudge tags him for the last out as the Marlins move on to the next round. Watching Pudge hold up that ball never gets old.