i wanted to ask this question do the police in the united state carry the springfield xdm firearm?

i wanted to know in any police department around usa do any of them carry the springfield xdm semi auto firearm

Favorite Answer

The XD's in .45 acp, 9mm and .40 S&W are approved for off and on duty carry in my very large US department

Police agencies carry a variety of firearms, and some departments allow officers to carry their own weapons, if they have been cleared by the department armorer. I carry a Springfield XD40 24/7 as a legally armed citizen. If i had known about Springfield arms when I was on the job, I would have had one. Glock just had the advantage of a lot of free publicity when they first arrived, due to the claimed ability to get through a metal detector. I want to get the XD(M)40 when I can afford it. I feel the Springfield is far superior to the Glock..

Source(s): Former deputy sheriff/corporal;
  • Klogg

Some do. It is a relatively popular firearm in the law enforcement community. Not as popular as the Glock though.