would they know my wife spend four years in the united states illegally just because she attended highschool?

I am a US citizen petitioner on an I-130, my wife and I live across the border in mexico and I work in the usa, we are applying for her green card, but she spend 4 years in the usa and she attend high school but we got married when she was a senior as soon as she graduated we came to live in mexico. We being here for 3 years already.. we fill out the papers like has never spend more than four months in the usa we said she cross the river one week before getting married and we lived there for four months months and she went back to mexico. We said that because if you live more than six months illegally in the usa they punish you like 3 years in your country or they give you a fine for 1000 dollars or more... would they know she was there for a longer time?? plizz help we are getting close to our appointment in Cd. Juarez mexico

thank you everybody for your anwers.. I will see what can i do.. to fix this..

Favorite Answer

Rule 1: do not lie.

If they find out that your wife lied about her being in the U.S., they can call that "material misrepresentation" and ban her for life! What do they know in the age of computers? I don't know, you don't know, nobody really knows, but if she went to High School in the U.S. she left a paper trail, and since part of the immigration process is a comprehensive FBI background and federal and state database check, would you want to bet your life on the fact if the computers find her name and birth date somewhere and triggers a red light?

Don't be stupid!

Now . . . any time spent in the U.S. before age 18, which is when the child becomes an adult, will not be held against her. The 3-year bar will be triggered after 180 days of unlawful presence as an adult, meaning the day she turned 18-1/2. After age 19, that would be a 10-year bar.

Source(s): The son of a German mother and a Swedish father, I have lived in 6 European countries before immigrating to Southern California two decades ago. I work as a corporate attorney in Santa Barbara and answering questions here is my way of giving back.
  • Jan

So, you committed fraud on your visa application? Not a very smart move.

If she graduated from a US HS, it is very easy for them to check.

She has no ban if she left before 18.5

If you lied on any of the forms then they will know and she will get a permanent ban. Looks like you messed the whole thing up.

You get a 10 year ban for coming here illegaly for a weekend, not 6 months.

You should have got a lawyer, my bet is she will get a lifetime ban for ever entering America at the interview.

Immigration fraud carry a 5 year federal prison penalty and it you who committed it

And they will find out

go see an Aila Lawyer immediately

Oh my god please dont lie; my brother got his grren card revoked after only having it for less than 6 months for defrauding iimigration after he lied and said he left the country before he turned 18 , turns out they found medical records from the ONE time he went to the er when he was 20! Now they bared him for 10 years.

yes

If she moved back to Mexico before she turned 18.5 years old, then her illegal stay as a minor won't be of a disadvantage for getting a greencard.

Don't lie about. People have gotten greencards and citizenships revoked, just for getting caught out in a lie on the paperwork they submitted. It should be all fine, since I assume all the time she spent illegally in the US was as a minor. As a minor, it's her parents fault, not hers.

If you want to come to the US, don't lie to do it. Is that really the kind of American you want to be?

_