What do you guys think about Giuliana Rancic not wanting her gestational carrier to drink soda?

On the last episode of Giuliana and Bill, she was very concerned about her gestational carrier eating fried chicken or drinking soda. As you can see, Giuliana probably doesn't eat a lot. She is very underweight, which is not "fit" or healthy (she runs a site called "fit and fun"). She... show more On the last episode of Giuliana and Bill, she was very concerned about her gestational carrier eating fried chicken or drinking soda. As you can see, Giuliana probably doesn't eat a lot. She is very underweight, which is not "fit" or healthy (she runs a site called "fit and fun"). She goes on to describe how important dieting is to her. I was disappointed (as I really admire her) that she would even be concerned about this. I know there's nothing like experiencing a pregnancy when you can do it yourself, but to try to control your carrier's diet is a bit out of line, in my opinion. Having an occassional soda or some "trans fat" will not do any harm to a fetus/baby. I understand that there are drug screenings for surrogates, but definitely no testing for a strict healthy diet! She should certainly let this issue go and be happy of the fact that she can potentially have a baby!
Update: No judging here - it's an opinion. I do admire her tons, and hate the fact she's going through cancer treatment, but when it comes down to it, it's not her body - do you feel it's completely fair to the carrier?
Update 2: I'm not trying to start debates, just saying a coke a week "ain't going hurt nothing."
Update 3: I love Giuliana to death, but she should take my opinion to heart and maybe eat a little trans fat to gain about 20-25 pounds.