Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

Christians, can you tell us the one about the flood that covered every mountain...including Everest?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It's the power of the pen - so to say.

According to the Bible it was not a global flood until 1611 when the KJ Bible translated - mistranslated the Hebrew text. -- The original story said it was a regional flood.

Btw: There was no Hebrew word for Planet Earth in those days. The authors did not even know about Mt Everest or that there was a land far far away. So how could the original Bible text say the flood was global?

Please excuse this copy and paste job:

The original Bible text (scrolls) never said it was a global flood.

The History channel covered that in one of their documentaries.

. Noah's (small) world was flooded; not the whole world as we know it today. (The documentary indicated it could have occurred in Mesopotamia.)

Gen. 7:4 - For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth [erets] forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off face of the earth [adamah].

The part "face of the earth" in this verse in Hebrew reads as ;paniym adamah. These two words don't mean the *whole earth". but a territory or country. Ergo: the Bilbe doesn't say it was a global flood.

Incidentally, when I was in the jungles of Vietnam, it rained for a little more than 40 days and nights during the wet-monsoons. -- It was a yearly event. It did not flood the whole world. -- The people of that area build their houses on stilts just to prepare them for those wet monsoons that usually lasted about 40 days. - go figure.

Secondly, - the animals to be saved were the local animals -- they did not mention Elephants and Giraffes, like the Sunday school pictorials. --- penguins and aardvarks were not mentioned in the Bible either.

Thirdly, the Ark was an expression for "container/containers that floated"

fourthly, Those containers (arks) were already built. They were called barges which were used for commerce during that time - for moving grains and livestock down river. Also wine as I recall.

fifthly , Those containers simply needed to be amassed and tied together, by Noah or whoever.

Some one must have asked "How did Noah escape the flood?" And someone else said, "write that he had a big boat." "How big should a say the boat was?" "Egad!! Say it was lots and lots of cubits." ....... "What's a cubit?"

• Login to reply the answers
  • Fresno
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

Why not just look up the arguments in favor and the ones against to draw a conclusion.

Christians wonder these kinds of things too. There is a reason they believe these stories happened.

Can you tell us why there is an ark on the top of a mountain in Turkey? Strange place for an ark. Very strange there is actually a story about an ark landing in that very region on top of a mountain and an ark is actually still there.

• 8 years ago

The purpose of the flood was to destroy all the nephilium and their offspring. A few of each animal was taken on board the ark and a few of each race, untouched by the nephilium, were taken on board as well. Noah was chosen because he was a part of the family that would eventually bear Jesus Christ.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Mt Everest has been raising itself up a meter a year for the last 3000 years.

Strange how no one noticed this happening.

The insanity of creationism is breathtaking.

If Everest raised itself up after the flood even a few hundred meters the tectonic forces would have generated so much heat every drop of water on the planet would have been turned to vapor.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Well, except the mountains pushed up and made room for the waters to recede. So, Everest may not even have been there before the flood. You are assuming the earth was exactly then as it is now. Genesis 10 tells us that "in the days of "Peleg" the earth was divided." That was after the flood. The earth has changed a great deal from the flood.

@freshy--Noah didn't gather the animals. God sent them two by two. And again, the earth was not divided before the flood!

The mountains rose up when the rains and the floodgates stopped. There was water everywhere. God caused the mountains to raise up to creat basins for the water to go into.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I would like to know how Noah gathered every animal, especially the ones that only live in certain parts of the world.

• ?
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

I know that one.... that's the one where doves flew about for 40 days and nights in the rain looking for some olives to stick on a pizza.

• 8 years ago

Sure.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

They try.. and then they fail... and then we point and laugh.....

• Vin
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Mt Everest didn't exist before the Flood...

A little research would keep you from showing your ignorance...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.