I can't pay, what do I do?

About 2 years ago, I started a membership at a gym. I did read it but I did not see anything that said that it was NON-CANCEABLE. I had no problem with it at first but then my mother got sick and moved away. About 15 miles away. And I ride the bus. I payed for it at the time but a few months ago I was fired from my job. Now I'm forced to sell my plasma to cover my phone will, bank fees, bus fees, and $30 a month for a gym I don't even go to. I went and asked them if it's possible that they could hold my payments til I found a job and they told me they can't. I can't keep donating and my account is now closed. There's no way I can pay them but I don't want to get my credit trashed. There's no one I can ask to pay for this either. What do I do? I'm job hunting but I still haven't found anything.

I spoke with the owner and he said there's nothing he could do to stop payments til it's all paid in full and I owe about $800

• Al
    Best Answer

Perhaps you could advertise "Gym membership for sale" and get somebody to take over the payments. No business in the world can make you use their service or facility. Get out your copy of the contract and go over it with a fine tooth comb. Somewhere in that paperwork is a clause that allows explains what you have to do to break the terms of the contract. Don not deal with the local gym employees, they simply don't have the power to breach your contract. Contact the corporate headquarters. Write them an unemotional letter that explains your current lack of ability to continue membership, and request a waiver of the membership continuance clause. Good Luck

AL

Ask to speak to management.

Grow some balls and talk to the manager !

Otherwise you're screwed.