4th and 5th amendment rights hypo?

As part of an operation to find a missing child, the police set up a checkpoint where they stop every car that comes along and visually check the car cabin to see if the child is in the car. They find the child in the third car. Can they use this against the kidnapper? Explain. For my answer I put yes because... show more As part of an operation to find a missing child, the police set up a checkpoint where they stop every car that comes along and visually check the car cabin to see if the child is in the car. They find the child in the third car. Can they use this against the kidnapper? Explain.

For my answer I put yes because the car was in plain view but my teacher said it was right because it wasn't in plain view. The police had to move to see the car, it wasn't voluntarily right in front of them. And she said something about a roadblock...

I would like experts on law to answer, please, or people taking a law class or something. Thanks.
1 answer 1