how does the wiring for a table lamp work?

I am making a table lamp using LED lights and AA batteries. There are 5 LED light bulbs that are hung separately from the holder which can be turned off all at once.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Rich
    Lv 4
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

If the AA batteries will power the LEDs, all you need is a switch in the circuit to turn them on and off.

You will need a battery holder for the batteries. Run your wire from the hot end of the battery holder to the switch, any single pole, single throw (SPST) switch will work.

Run another wire from the other side of the switch to the LED holder.

Then run another wire from the other side of the LED holder to the negative end of the battery holder.

Your wiring is now complete. Flip the switch to open and/or close the circuit and turn on the LEDs.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

Low voltage is plenty distinctive than low wattage. you may purchase a 120vac 50 watt lamp or merely about any wattage you like. you may purchase a 12 vac/vdc 50 watt lamp or merely about any wattage you like. So I could desire to ask in case you somewhat want a low VOLTAGE lamp or a LOW WATTAGE lamp. Your question asks for an extremely low VOLTAGE, yet your information confer with a LOW WATTAGE lamp. e mail me in case you like extra help. ascertain your e mail is desperate to acquire emails or i will no longer be able to respond. good success!

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

table lamp

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.