I need help with a paper on spiritual healing?

I have to write an 8 page paper on spiritual healing. I know there is A LOT to spiritual healing, but I'm really not sure what to write about...

So far, I've done 2 pages. I wrote 1 paragraph on what exactly spiritual healing means, 1 on yoga as a form of spiritual healing, 1 on the benefits of spiritual healing, and 1 on Kathryn Kuhlman (a spiritual healer).

Any other ideas on what to write about regarding spiritual healing?

Thanks!

Update:

Yeah Fireball, I've done that. Still not absorbing the information. Need it in simpler terms. And I need more things to talk about, you get me?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Spiritual healing is con artist nonsense... Nonsense that was so easy to debunk that a middle schooler could, and did, do it. Her name is Emily Rosa, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emily_Rosa and she did a project for school that blew the practice of "Laying on of hands" out of the water.

Yoga isn't "Spiritual" unless you're talking about it in terms of the cult that sprung up around it...

► Lawsuit calls yoga chain a cult - CNN

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-01-05/justice/yoga.la...

► Dahn yoga

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dahn_yoga#Dahn_Yoga_I...

► Update: Yoga Scandals and Sex Cults

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/wildhunt/2012/02/upda...

► Penn & Teller: Season 6 Episode 2 - "New Age Medicine"

http://skepticinquisition.blogspot.com/2011/11/pen...

A skeptical look at New Age medicine, presenting evidence which suggests it does not work.

Emily Rosa

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emily_Rosa

Emily Rosa (born February 6, 1987 in Loveland, Colorado) is the youngest person to have a research paper published in a peer reviewed medical journal. At age nine Rosa conceived and executed a scientific study of therapeutic touch which was published in the Journal of the American Medical Association in 1998. She graduated from the University of Colorado at Denver in 2009 with a major in psychology. Her parents, Larry Sarner and Linda Rosa, are leaders of the advocacy group Advocates for Children in Therapy.

Therapeutic Touch study: In 1996, Rosa saw a video of Therapeutic Touch (TT) practitioners claiming they could feel a "Human Energy Field" (HEF) emanating from a human body and could use their hands to manipulate the HEF in order to diagnose and treat disease. She heard Dolores Krieger, the co-inventor of Therapeutic Touch, claim that everyone had the ability to feel the HEF, and Rosa heard other nurses say the HEF felt to them "warm as Jell-O" and "tactile as taffy." Rosa was impressed by how certain these nurses were about their abilities. She said, "I wanted to see if they really could feel something."[1]

Using a standard science fair display board, Rosa devised a single-blind protocol, later described by other scientists as "simple and elegant," for a study she conducted at age nine for her 4th grade science fair. There were two series of tests. In 1996, 15 practitioners were tested at their home or office on different days over a period of several months. In 1997, 13 practitioners, including 7 from the first series, were tested on a single day. The second series was observed and videotaped by the producers of Scientific American Frontiers. Stephen Barrett, MD, of Quackwatch helped Rosa, her mother (Linda Rosa, RN), and stepfather (Larry Sarner) write up the experiment for JAMA. The study was published April 1, 1998. George Lundberg, editor of JAMA, aware of the uniqueness of the situation, said: "Age doesn't matter. It's good science that matters, and this is good science.[2]

The study tested the ability of 21 TT practitioners to detect the HEF or "aura" when they were not looking. Rosa asked each of the practitioners to sit at a table and extend their hands through a screen. On the other side of the screen, Rosa randomly selected which of the TT practitioner's hands she would hold her hand over. The TT practitioners were then asked which of their hands detected Rosa's HEF. Subjects were each given ten tries, but they correctly located Rosa's hand an average of only 4.4 times. Some subjects were asked before testing to examine Rosa's hands and select which of her hands they thought produced the strongest HEF. Rosa then used that hand during the experiment, but those subjects performed no better. The results showed that TT practitioners could not detect the hand more often than chance, and Rosa et al therefore concluded that there was no empirical basis to the HEF and by extension therapeutic touch:

Source(s): To our knowledge, no other objective, quantitative study involving more than a few TT practitioners has been published, and no well-designed study demonstrates any health benefit from TT. These facts, together with our experimental findings, suggest that TT claims are groundless and that further use of TT by health professionals is unjustified.
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

the youngster does the healing, no longer the dolphins. many people want to fulfill and swim with dolphins, even "retarded" youngsters. So, by way of satisfying that dream, it completes yet another examine off of the youngster's to-do-record. i could prefer to swim with dolphins and that i detect them very calming too.

• Imogen
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

Woww, I love how all the comments are like "Spiritual healing is bullcrap don't listen to it blarghhh!" whenever you *have* to write an 8-page paper on it. Come on, guys, this is an assignment and you're not being helpful.

My advice? Look at all the different religions/faiths/spiritualities/etc and find out what each version of spiritual healing is, then write about each of them. Yoga is a great place to start, but it's not the only type of spiritual healing. Christian faith healers would be good to provide as a Western contrast to the Eastern yoga. Try to find spiritual healing in all the religions, then write about them.

I hope this helps!

• Benny Hinn, and Rienhardt Buncky ( I think thats the way its spelled)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Quoted from http://jahtruth.net/health.htm

"Healing

in 'The Tenth Insight'

by James Redfield

edited and improved by JAH

Page 223.

We should visualise sick people remembering what they intended (or were intended) to do with their lives, (in their present re-incarnation* - as Jesus taught his disciples about re-incarnation) but still hadn't done.

Real healing springs from a renewed sense of what one wants (or was meant) to do once health is regained and when they start to do it their health will automatically improve. As they perfect that awareness and act in unison with the Divine and what they were intended to do, their health will likewise be perfected.

Page 168.

When people remember what they're really supposed to do in life, it can restore their health (if they do it) .

When everyone is able to remember what all of humanity is supposed to do, starting right now, from this moment, we can heal the world (if they do it, instead of just talking about it).

The Torah (God's Law) - Exodus 15:26 -

15:26 And (God) said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the "I AM" thy God, and wilt do that which is right in His eyes, and wilt give ear to His Commandments, and keep all His Statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I [am] the "I AM" that healeth thee.

* Jesus taught his Apostles about "Sowing and Reaping" which is called "Karma" (Cause and Effect) by eastern religions and includes inheriting "Bad Karma" (Karmic debts) from a previous life as a punishment for sins. Proof of this can be found in the Bible New Testament Gospel of John:-

John 9:1 And as [Jesus] passed by, he saw a man which was blind from [his] birth. (re-incarnation)

9:2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did SIN, THIS MAN, or his parents, that he was BORN blind? (as a punishment for those sins).

It would have been impossible for the man to have sinned before being born, and then be born blind as a punishment, unless he had existed previously, in another body (incarnation). This punishment system is confirmed by Jesus in John 5:-

5:14 Afterward Jesus findeth him in the Temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a WORSE thing come unto thee.

The Celtic Druids also taught the doctrine of reincarnation and debts.

Healing in His wings http://jahtruth.net/heal.htm

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

How all of the other world religions differ or think the same way in regards to what you are writing about.-Jesus Christ.

Source(s): The Holy Apostle James the Greater
  • JohnH
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

for example

Healing King Ajatasatru shows the Buddha's

great benevolence to even the most undeserving of grace. For King

Ajatasatru () was no friend of the Buddha, being a patron

of the heretic,

J

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Check out this site please : http://www.faith-healer.co.uk/

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.