How do you clean candle wax off of a wooden table top?

My candle stuck to its stand and when I pulled it off, wax spilled everywhere. It's dried, I tried taking it off with a knife and instead of coming right off, it stuck to the wood and I'm afraid of scraping it. (Even more) what should I do?

Favorite Answer

If it is completely hardened you should probably get most of it off with a credit card. After you get the majority off use either a cloth with hot water or a hair dryer and paper towels to get it warm enough to wipe up.

In removing a candle wax off of a wooden table you just have to find a slight sharp object like ruler you must push in the candle wax. Do not use a very sharp tool like knife because this may damage your your wooden table.

http://www.bestelectricrazorreviews.net/

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): clean candle wax wooden table top: https://tr.im/tWp5h

Do exactly what "Matt" said,..except you can go one further & take some paper,

& place it on top of the stain,...then, place a warm/hot iron over it,...

as soon as the paper soaks up any wax, move the paper so that there's always

a fresh area of paper over the stain,...continue until it stops showing up on the paper.

.

That's also good for wax on clothes,...'cept you need paper on both sides of the cloth

& you have to constantly move both pieces of paper.

I clean it up with a machete.

Source(s): The internet.

use plastic