How do you clean candle wax off of a wooden table top?

My candle stuck to its stand and when I pulled it off, wax spilled everywhere. It's dried, I tried taking it off with a knife and instead of coming right off, it stuck to the wood and I'm afraid of scraping it. (Even more) what should I do?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

If it is completely hardened you should probably get most of it off with a credit card. After you get the majority off use either a cloth with hot water or a hair dryer and paper towels to get it warm enough to wipe up.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

In removing a candle wax off of a wooden table you just have to find a slight sharp object like ruler you must push in the candle wax. Do not use a very sharp tool like knife because this may damage your your wooden table.

http://www.bestelectricrazorreviews.net/

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How do you clean candle wax off of a wooden table top?

My candle stuck to its stand and when I pulled it off, wax spilled everywhere. It's dried, I tried taking it off with a knife and instead of coming right off, it stuck to the wood and I'm afraid of scraping it. (Even more) what should I do?

Source(s): clean candle wax wooden table top: https://tr.im/tWp5h
  • 8 years ago

Do exactly what "Matt" said,..except you can go one further & take some paper,

& place it on top of the stain,...then, place a warm/hot iron over it,...

as soon as the paper soaks up any wax, move the paper so that there's always

a fresh area of paper over the stain,...continue until it stops showing up on the paper.

That's also good for wax on clothes,...'cept you need paper on both sides of the cloth

& you have to constantly move both pieces of paper.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

I clean it up with a machete.

Source(s): The internet.
  • 8 years ago

use plastic

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.