Anonymous

Good medical/law schools located in or near New York?

I am beginning my search for colleges and trying to figure out m plans for life. I wish to stay relatively close to my home in New York (within an hour or so of new york). What are some quality law and medical schools around here? I am undecided between med or law at this point so i am asking for both.

• eri
    Favorite Answer

Medical and law schools are professional schools; you must earn a bachelors degree before you can apply to them. You can do that bachelors at any 4-year college or university with any major and the premed or pre-law classes. Given the very low acceptance rates to med schools, most people are happy to get into any of them. You need to be willing to move across the country to be a doctor, if necessary. If you're not, pick another job. Doctors have 11-15 years of college and training.

Well before you decide what school you think you want to go to you should review your GPA and see which schools are reasonable. For instance if you have a 3.0 GPA you probably wont get into a good medical school. You need at least a 3.5 or higher for most of those like Yale/Princeton.

• mortin

'popularity' develop into filmed interior the ny extreme college of appearing Arts (which later merged with the highschool of song and artwork to develop into the present Fiorello H. LaGuardia extreme college of song & artwork and appearing Arts)