What kinds of 'green cars' can you get, and what are the benefits of each one? HELP!?

I'm looking into getting a car, and I'd like it to be as environmentally friendly, (and cheap!) as possible. I'm a poor student with big dreams, and this is my way of helping the world I live in. However,

I'm not sure of ll the kinds of cars you can get. I've heard of hydrogen vehicles, and that's it.

Does anyone know of all the ones you can get, with some added benefits of the car? (eg, being quieter etc.) , Thanks for any help! Can you list some sources too (I like doing my own research.) =P

• JetDoc
    Favorite Answer

My favorite green car was my '99 Cadillac STS. It was a really pretty dark metallic green.

Well, Chevrolet is having trouble selling their "green" car for 40 thousand dollars....(surprise, surprise)

The BEST deal right now is the Prius. I saw them on sale this past weekend for 19,995. dollars NEW.

They are trouble free, as they have been building them for MANY years now...

(I'm getting really sick of hearing the word "green")

And, by the way, you can't dump dirty cooking oil in an old Mercedes and drive away. It has to be processed, and facilities for this cost money.

They do have cars that run on recycled oil, like from Mc Donald's and what not but they are incredibly loud, and make your whole town smell like french fries. Idk what you would consider green, but they electric cars. Now I have driven one of them. Still goes fast, and it is really quiet.