How much will this tattoo on my thigh cost?

I want to get it on my right thigh. It's going to be a mirror and some roses surrounding it, full color. I'm pretty thin(~110 lbs) so there isn't a ton of room to work with. The shop minimum is 50 dollars but it says for larger tattoos it can go up to 100 dollars. I live in a small town with about 25,000 people and the tattoo shop is kinda small and dumpy looking on the outside but it's got some really good reviews and it's the only tattoo shop in my town. Any idea of how much this will cost? I'm going Saturday to get it done but I want to know if I should choose another tattoo that I can afford. I've got about 300-350 dollars to work with. Will making it black and white make the tattoo cheaper? Or what if it's mainly black and white with a few hints of color in the shading? By the way, I live in the DFW area in Texas. I'd like it to be on the front of my thigh. I already asked this question but only got one response and I want to make sure before I go in. Thanks!!

Favorite Answer

ok, my bf is a tattoo artist. He'll help. Okay, firstly, before you get anything done. First go look at the shop, is it clean, does it look like it gets mopped everyday. Then ask for artist portfolios. Take a look at the work, make sure the tattoos are done well and are the same style as the tattoo you want e.g. traditional, black and grey, photorealistic etc etc. If the tattoos in their portfolios are lame, don't feel like u must get a tattoo anyway just because you are in a small town. The tattoo is going to be permanent, so take your time. Im sure there are other shops in your area. Driving to a neighboring town or city will be worth the trip. Treat your body like a temple and adorn it as such. Getting a bad tattoo will just lead to more problems because you will either have to have it fixed or even worst covered up. I would suggest visiting a convention in your area when they have one. World class artists from all over fly in and theres a good chance you'll find the perfect artist for you there.

Ok, as for pricing 350-400 is about what you would pay for the tattoo to get it professionally done. The average rate for most tattoo artists is $150 an hour. The tattoo should be no more than three hours in full color. Also, I don't suggest going on a saturday because tattoos are more expensive on the weekends. I recommend going on a weekday, tuesdays and wednesdays are best. At least set up the appointment for then, it should save you some money. btw- I also recommend setting up an appointment to give the artist to customize and perfect your design. Most good artists will prefer to set up an appointment for you anyways, because they would want to invest their time to create a tattoo design that they can use for their portfolio. Also, if the tattoo is under 200 dollars, I advise you not to do it. Sometimes when something is too cheap, it means the artist isn't that good and is just trying to make some money and wouldn't want to lose your business.

Finally, get the tattoo you want. Don't make it black and grey just so you can afford it. You will most likely regret it later. The tattoo is going to be there forever, so make sure it is exactly what you will want. You might have to visit a few shops before you find the right artist, but it will all be worth it in the end. Finding an artist whose work you love will go a long way. When you find him or her and fully confident with his/her abilities, I suggest just bringing them some reference and have them come up with a design based of what you like from your different reference sources. You might have to leave a deposit but it will be worth it. If the tattoo artist isn't excited about doing a custom tattoo, you should best find one who is. Good luck with your tattoo and patience is key.

Rose Thigh Tattoos

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I want to get it on my right thigh. It's going to be a mirror and some roses surrounding it, full color. I'm pretty thin(~110 lbs) so there isn't a ton of room to work with. The shop minimum is 50 dollars but it says for larger tattoos it can go up to 100 dollars. I live in a small town...

Source(s): tattoo thigh cost: https://biturl.im/Bja6v

It really depends on the size of the tattoo at most places, and if you want it to have color or not. Most places tend to charge a $50 minimum, and thats if you want it small. From what I've read you are most likely looking at a 100-150 tattoo depending just how large you want it.

• Cathy

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axYGD

These answeres arnt very helpful.. here ya go Tattoos usually are priced by the hr. Here in America its around $125 an hr. You get what you pay for. Dont go somewhere just because its cheap, it will be on you forever so make sure its nice. having something for 60years is certainly worth a few hundred bucks. Also check the artists work before you get anything done. Make sure he is capable of doing the art you want, the style, font, whatever. =) have fun!

• celena

1000's of Tattoo Designs & Ideas

it depends how much the tattooist charge per hour, how big the tattoo is/the design and if its colour or black and white, go get it priced at ur nearest tattooist

very good question