AFC West Standings? With predictions.(2012)?

I think the AFC west will be a very interesting division next year. With the Chiefs doing well in the free agency market, Broncos picking up peyton manning, and other things. What are your predictions. Please write the record, team, and any comments you have on how or why they did what they did.

Here are mine:

1. KC Chiefs, 10-6 While improving their line with Winston, creating arguably the best 1-2 punch in the league and replacing a lost brandon carr with stanford routt, they remind me a bit of the 2010 new york jets, they will do well this year.

2.Denver Broncos, 8-8 Peyton manning will be interesting next year, but i feel he will be more of a phillip rivers or carson palmer level QB. an improving defense though should get them to .500 even.

3. SD Chargers, 7-9, While 4 years ago they were one of the NFLs best teams, for the last 2 years there have been no playoffs. nothing has gotten better since then, and this year should be no different.

4. Oakland Raiders, 5-11, this team is really no good. an aging QB wont help them much. nor will a no good defense, this team will be well below .500

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Levi
    Lv 6
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

@Green 18. Did we not shut you down last season, and be the only team (of many great ones) to defeat the undefeated Green Bay Packers who were shattering records and looking like they become the second coming of the 1972 Dolphins.

1. Chiefs (11-5). The line is great as it is with improvements at C and RT (Hudson and Winston), along with elite players in Asamoah and Albert, and with a hopeful drafting of David DeCastro they'll have the best line in the league. Three great running backs, a very promising and talented receiving corps, and a decent game manager in Cassel. The defense is far and away the best in the AFC West, as well.

2. Broncos (9-7). They really just aren't a good team. They have an aging RB, Peyton Manning who may or may not play to an elite level (and he is very susceptible to a very serious injury due to his surgery), a raw and SEEMINGLY untalented receiving corps, a line that can only, run-block and a very overrated defense. The Tebow thing was just a gimmick, like the 2008 Dolphins and their wildcat. And look how Miami's doing.

3. Raiders (7-9). They lost a few good players in free agency (Routt and Wimbley), and the defense is getting old. Richard Seymour's great but still old, Carson Palmer is an aging QB (a good one however), Darren McFadden can't stay healthy and they don't have Bush to fall back on anymore. The receivers are fast but aren't anything special. The line's raw and young but has lots of room for improvement. They have a few good defensive players like Tommy Kelly and Tyvon Branch, but the fact that they essentially have no draft to rebuild doesn't help.

4. San Diego (7-9). Also declining. The line can't stay healthy, Rivers is too streaky, they lost their best receiver, the defense is never anything special. They do have Ryan Mathews who has recently decided to show up and be a very good player, but he has injury problems of his own and Tolbert is in Carolina now.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Wow...only 1 person has Denver over .500 and its still a crappy record. First off stop thinking peyton is going to be playing with a neck brace and crutches. Not gonna happen. He will be healthy. Yes he may not be as great as the old Manning but he will be the best QB in the west. Anyone who watched the broncos saw the ( aging runningback) still has plenty! He is a beast. Only run block? When you have a qb like Tebow no **** you give up sacks. He only held the ball for 20 min after the snap. Dumerville, Miller, champ, Porter, and the new defensive coordinator "Jack del Rio ". Denver d in great position to improve. Top 15 D. Wide recievers will flourish with Manning. Good vet in stokley to help decker and Thomas.

1. Broncos 11-5

2. Chiefs 10-6 (wild card)

3. Raiders 9-7

4. Chargers 8-8

Source(s): Next year its gonna be the wild wild west
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

AFC West Standings? With predictions.(2012)?

I think the AFC west will be a very interesting division next year. With the Chiefs doing well in the free agency market, Broncos picking up peyton manning, and other things. What are your predictions. Please write the record, team, and any comments you have on how or why they did what they...

Source(s): afc west standings predictions 2012: https://shortly.im/HN35U
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

1. Broncos 12-4

2. Chargers 9-7

3. Chiefs 9-7

4. Raiders 6-10

I love the Raiders but they are going nowhere until they do something about getting a real franchise quarterback. Since Manning has something to prove, and assuming he is healthy, that should make the Broncos the team to beat.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

The chiefs almost won the division this year without their two of their three best offensive players ( Jamal Charles and tony molokai) and without their best defensive player ( Eric berry) while im a huge patriots fan I have to say that the chiefs are a team im scared to play.

Chiefs: 11-5

Raiders: 9-7

Chargers: 8-8

Broncos: 5-11, yes I'm serious.

• Tara
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Chargers 10- Over. 11-5 Chiefs 7.50- over 8-8 Raiders 6.5- over 7-9 Broncos 5.5- under 3-13

• 8 years ago

The Chiefs remind me of the 2011 New york Jets, not 2010. This isnt happening, The Chiefs arent going 10-6.

• mick
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Afc West Standings 2012

• 8 years ago

Im done predicting, wont sway opinion, just remember this question come December.....

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I hope Oakland will take it and upset the nation.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.