Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBasketball · 8 years ago

why do people think Derrick Rose is carrying his team to and throughout the playoffs?

Really the question says it all. The Bulls have a super star in rose and an all star in deng. they have the best bench and rebounding team in the nba with great role players. any one on the team can score I.E. kyle krover, taj gibson, omer ashik, boozer, noah etc... and they had the COACH OF THE YEAR in thibs. i swear these dumb band wagon bull fans annoy the hell out of me. and i dont think derrick rose should have won MVP last year. i honestly think the media hyped up derrick rose before the voting and people fell for it. rose isnt clutch at all i've seen the heat-bulls series and the games in which he misses all his shots when the games on the line. i may be biased because i am a heat fan. lets hear some thoughts.

Update:

yeah thats why kareem won it back when he was on the bucks and his team had a winning percent of .500. but anyways i dont give a **** about the mvp its just a media award. i'm just sick of hearing bull fans making excuses for why they lost to the heat, or saying the heat suck because they lost to the bulls with out rose. its one or the other bulls fans make a choice.

Update 2:

@stag, yeah you have a point but michael jordan did not have the problem of 2 of the greatest players being on the same team in the way in the playoffs. so i'll give rose some slack on that. but honestly they are regular season tryhards. when the playoffs came around last year the bulls were 4-1 with indiana, 4-2 with atlanta and 1-4 against the heat. i feel like the bulls are already playing their best and their best wont be enough.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

That is a really good question, and that is because they think he a very good player. But he has missed more games this season, then I think he has in his career. I am not a Derrick Rose or a Chicago Bulls fan at all, but you still ask a very good question. That I would like to answer the question, but sadly I have no idea. The Chicago Bulls have been winning games with or without him the whole season. I don't think that Derrick Rose will win the MVP this season, he has already hurt his chances of that even happening. Even if tonight's game is the last game he misses for the regular season at least, he would have appeared in how many games of the Chicago Bulls 66 game schedule. They hype up the Bulls like they are a good team, they think they have a very good head coach. The Bulls nor Derrick Rose have impressed me. Derrick Rose has yet to do what Michael Jordan has done 6 times, and that is lead the Chicago Bulls to 6 Championships. Since the playoffs has yet to start for the NBA it is going to be hard to say what the Chicago Bulls will do.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

The Most Valuable Player Award does not go to the Most Valuable Player.

It goes to the best player on the team with the best record, or best chance to win the Finals.

Which is why it is between Durant (#1 Seed) and LeBron (#2 seed), as the Bulls (#1 Seed) have succeeded greatly without Rose.

Kobe should be the MVP as, even though his team is 4-1 without him, the wins have not been against any REAL contending teams.

And without him, they would not be the 3rd Seed and will be a First Round Exit.

Source(s): KobeSystem, THE TRUE MVP
  • McCafe
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

They lost to Wizards and were losing to New Orleans yesterday.. Sorry, even though Rose didn't play today, he hasn't been the same.

• 8 years ago

Derrick Rose is the GOAT you dont know what you are talking about

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

They have one superstar Derrick rose and that's who people want to here about on tv people could care less that the bench scored 60 points to win the game but more that one guy scored 30 Points to Win the game. When people who watch sportcenter in the morning they see 30 by Rose not 60 by the bech so they believe he carried them to win

• 8 years ago

Im a bulls fan but your right rose should not get all the credit all the team to.even though his hurt there playing good

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.