How do I start my own cleaning business?
- Andrew StraussLv 78 years agoFavorite Answer
1. Determine what type of cleaning service you wish to provide. It could be residential house cleaning, window cleaning, carpet cleaning, commercial building cleaning or a Laundromat, for example.
2. Explore the business opportunities that can be offered in the sector of your choice. Understand the market trends, local competitors, current rates, profit margin and assess your investment options.
3. Decide whether you want your cleaning business to be a part-time or a full time business. You will need to put in extra effort if this is your primary source of income.
4. Verify your financial resources. Check all bank accounts, deposits, shares or any other sources of income and get a fair insight about your financial status. This will give you an idea of your investment capacity at the moment.
5. Understand that you can start with minimal investment. This type of business does not demand heavy investment in equipment, instructional courses, maintenance and extravagant set ups. You can actually start the operation from home (or hire a small office, if you can) with a few basic cleaning supplies like brooms, mops, cleaning solutions and vacuum cleaners. You may also need a vehicle to commute workers and materials to the cleaning destination. If you are planning on starting a Laundromat, you may want to rent a bigger area to store washing machines and dryers as well as need more investment to purchase the equipment.
6. Determine the legal formalities that you need to comply with before starting the business. You may need documents such as a license or insurance from the government or your local authorities.
7. Hire and train the cleaning staff. The number of them depends on your budget and your requirement. You can hire more employees when the business expands.
8. Start with just one type of service such as residential cleaning or carpet cleaning. Do not offer a range of services unless you have the capability and resources. You can expand with related services later.
9. Advertise your name and the service. You can place ads in local newspapers, circulate pamphlets in the neighborhood, hand out business cards, ask your friends and family to spread the word and put up notices at public places.
10. Ensure that you offer the best cleaning services. Get in touch with your customers, understand their likes and dislikes, make it a point to get their feedback regarding your work and also attend to their complaints.
- Bert RLv 48 years ago
Andrew's answer is right on. Have a plan before you begin. I have a lot of resources, tips and information on my Squidoo lens and blog about starting a cleaning business. The links are in my profile.Source(s): See My Profile
- Anonymous8 years ago
Step 1: Give your business a name
Step 2: Find a logo making business and make some flyers
Step 3: Includ in your flyers what rooms you will do and how much you will charge
Step 4: Put the flyers in people's mailbox's
Tip: Pay a fee to adverstive your company in the newspaper or phone book
Step 5: Ask family members to help you out
Step 6: Don't work on sundays (Thats god's day (:
Step 7: Make money and be happy
Your WelcomeSource(s): ??????
- 8 years ago
Ask your bank for a business loan, 2: Purchase supplies ect. 3: Advertise your business - business card's, place ads - news paper, Craigslist.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Anonymous8 years ago
I would say to spread the word around your neighborhood and also make a fb and tweeter page if you want a bigger list for clients.
Good luck :)
- 8 years ago
First you need to make flyers with your phone number and a description of what you will do when you clean their house. Then take those flyers and post them on mailboxes or public places. Then when you get costumers, get supplies.