Finally ran out of books to read...what should I read next?

I just finished reading the last fiction book that is in our apartment so I'll be making a trip to the library today.

Any suggestions for good fictional books? I'm not really into the racey romance novels.

Favorite Answer

Ok, so something that doesn't focus on romance you say? There could be so many books you could read there. I'll just put a few in categories down here, since I'm not sure exactly what you want.

I) Books that happen in the future ( lots of action ) : The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins (really, really good, a must-read, in my opinion), Divergent, by Veronica Roth (again really, really good), Matched by Ally Condie (although it kinda focuses more on the romance), Delirium, by Lauren Oliver(good one), The Host by Stephenie Meyer (I'm no big fan of Twilight-sorry guys-but this is so, so different; it's with aliens, btw) and Legend by Marie Lu(finally some boy pov !!!!!)

II) If you're into the fallen angels fiction, you should definitely read Angelfall by Susan Ee.

III) If you're into the fairy stuff, read Wicked lovely by Melissa Marr.

IV) If you like vampire-related books you could try: the Vampirates series by Justin Somper (first book-Demons of the oceans), the Darren Shan saga by Darren Shan (t his one is amazing! Really amazing)

V) If you fancy werewolves, try: The Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy (#1 Shiver, #2 Linger, #3 Forever) by Maggie Stiefvater or Never cry werewolf, by Heather Davis (short, a bit romantic)

VI) If you like more reality and less fantasy, you should read something by Cecilia Ahern. Try Thanks for the memories. Or the classic Matilda (if you haven't read it yet) by Roald Dahl, The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger (way better than the movie), or Before I fall by Lauren Oliver(very good but very sad).

VII) If you want something different and amusing, and easy and funny read, read A Dog's life, by Peter Mayle.

VIII) If you're into the shape-shifting stuff, than try Hawksong and Snakecharm, two books from the Kiesha'ra series, by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes. It's very, very, very good. Worth reading.

IX) Um... if you want something historical-but not boring- try either Memories of a Geisha, by Arthur Golden ( a very very good book and very interesting, too ), Yours until dawn by Teresa Medeiros(about a girl and a recently turned blind guy), or A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett (utterly amazingly extremely good; one of my favorite books of all times-it's about a strong little girl and it's heartwarming, inspiring and so, just so good).

X) Ok, finally. Finally :D. If you want normality, but cool, I'll give you these : (most of them, I think all of them, contain romance) Sam's Letters to Jennifer by James Patterson (NOT what it sounds, trust me), The seventh unicorn by Kelly Jones (adventurous-kinda, at least), Eat cake by Jeanne Ray (funny and good), The sunflower by Richard Paul Evans (nice and short and sweet and good), Girl at Sea by Maureen Johnson (short, not very strong plot, a rather light-reading), Just listen by Sarah Dessen (this is very good, though you might find the beginning really slow; after you get past the never-ending flashbacks, however, it's amazing), Sea by Heidi Kling (this one's a rather short read and a bit of a light-reading, again) and Reason to breathe by Rebecca Donovan (this is really good and you should give it a try; it has its weak points, but all in all it's worth reading).

Ok... these would be a few examples. :D

I forgot! If you want something different, try the Winnetou series by Karl May. It's an old one, so you won't find it on the internet, I think, but it is one of my favorite books ever. E-v-e-r. It's about native americans.

That's all. Hope I gave you something to read. I'm a bit stuck with nothing to read as well, so I know how that feels. Good luck and if you'll need more of them just ask. I have loads of books :D

^^

I appear to shop for extra books than I can learn, so I honestly have a backlog of 20 or so books to prefer from at a time. I am quite often studying three-four books at a time and I learn plenty of sequence books and specific genres, so while I prefer the following publication, I appear for one that's not within the equal sequence or style as any of the opposite books I am studying. I attempt to maintain studying them in right sequence order, however combine up the genres so I do not get careworn among identical tale strains, characters or plots.

• b97st

Divergent by Veronica Roth

Enclave by Ann Aguirre

Matched by Ally Condie

Birthmarked by Caragh O'Brien

Inside Out by Maria V Snyder

Wither by Lauren DeStefano

The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness

Legend by Marie Lu

Gone by Michael Grant

Uglies by Scott Westerfield

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

Unwind by Neal Shusterman

The Giver by Lois Lowry

Delirium by Lauren Oliver

The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan

The Declaration by Gemma Malley

XVI by Julia Carr

The Secret Under My Skin by Janet McNaughton

The Maze Runner by James Dashner

Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman

The Unit by Ninni Holmqvist

Runner by William Dietz

Battle Royale by Koushun Takami

Seed by Rob Ziegler

Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer

Variant by Robison Wells

Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

Feed by M.T. Anderson

The Bar Code Tattoo by Suzanne Weyn

Little Brother by Cory Doctorow

The Chrysalids by John Wyndham

Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi

Incarceron by Catherine Fisher

Have you read "Flowers For Algernon" By Daniel Keayes? It is a Science Fiction novel. Profound and thought provoking. Very clever writing.

The wasp factory is brilliant and really unexpected

Faces In the waters is great too :)

• SCREAM

I will give you recommendations from my two favorite subcategories (under ficiton):

Horror:

The Shining- Stephen King

It- " "

Salem's Lot- " "

The Stand (uncut)- " "

Cabal- Clive Barker

The 'Classics':

David Copperfield- Charles Dickens

1984- George Orwell

Invisible Man- Ralph Ellison

A Clockwork Orange- Anthony Burgess

Jane Eyre- Charlotte Bronte

Have you red the hunger games all three books