help with lord of the flies?

I have to contrast Jack v.s. Ralph's societies, describe the characteristics, and explain why Ralph's disintegrates while Jack's thrives. i have a fairly ok idea, but some insight from some other people would be really really helpful. thank you so much :)

Best Answer

Lord of the Flies Centenary Edition by William Golding novel is the only one I taught over and over during the twelve years I worked with high school seniors. My other choices I would switch around those years, drop some, add some. This one I kept. It is that important. I think of "Lord of the Flies" as a necessary manual for societal behavior and an effort to keep the chaos of evil at bay.

Ugh! Worst book I've ever had to read!! My english teacher made us read the book and watch both movies -_-... Anyway this book is all about power and control. Ralph disintegrates becuase he loses his power over the kids because he wants rules. Jack gains the power by hunting the pig and saying we're going to have fun and takes advantage of that power....

Ugh I hate that book.

Ralph= adult child

Jack= immature sore loser.

Try Spark Notes :)