David
David asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 8 years ago

You still think obama cares about you?

President Obama's finance team is recommending a one percent (1%) transaction fee (TAX). Obama's plan is to sneak it in after the November elections to keep it under the radar.

This is a 1% tax on all transactions at any financialinstitution - banks, credit unions, savings and loans, etc. Any deposit you make, or even a transfer within your account, will have a 1% tax charged. ~If your paycheck or your social security or whatever is direct deposit, it will get a 1% tax charged for the transaction. ~(If your paycheck is $1000, then you will pay Obama $10 just for the privilege of depositing your paycheck in your bank. Even if you hand carry your paycheck or any check into your bank for a deposit, 1% tax will be charged. ~You receive a $5,000 stock dividend from your broker, Obama takes $50 just to allow you to deposit that check in the bank.). ~If you take $1,000 cash to deposit at your bank, 1% tax will be charged.

Mind you, this is from the man who promised that, if you make under $250,000 per year, you will not see one penny of new tax.

The federal government, which issues 73 million payments a month, is phasing out paper checks for all benefit programs, requiring people to get payments electronically, either through direct deposit or a debit card for those without a bank account.

The changes will affect people who get Social Security, veterans' benefits, railroad pensions and federal disability payments. Tax refunds are exempt, but the Internal Revenue Service encourages taxpayers to get refunds electronically by processing those refunds faster than paper checks = obama setting his plans up step 1

hope all the obama suporters read this - if obama gets re -alected we will lose our freedoms and our health will be threatened plus our money

Checked this on snopes

Checked this on snopes

Checked this on snopes, it's true!Check out HR 4646.

I hope all this info. I get is wrong and obama does care - I still woulden vute for him

Best Answer

That sure doesn't sound good, but it also doesn't sound like Obama. Lately, he's been focusing on the "Buffett Rule". If you want anyone to take this seriously, I recommend providing a source or some evidence proving this idea actually exists.

Source?

(This sounds SUSPICIOUSLY similar to the "Transaction Tax" that Republicans at that time were saying Clinton was trying to "sneak in" when he was running for reelection & which turned out to be nothing more than a weak GOP fabrication....have you looked at the date on whatever "news" article you gleaned this hoary chestnut from?)

Guess what? You are EITHER "evil" and willing to lie for what you want OR you are just plain gullible; http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/barackobama/a/Oba...

(And don't bother telling me that "gullible" is not in any dictionary and is just a made-up word from those dreadful Harry the Potter books...I already KNOW that...but I think we ALL know what is meant by it, and it's a useful word!)

Far more than Kochhpubicans like you manufacturing lies in order to deceive!

Have you no shame or honor? Is this what it takes to be a right winger; no scruples, honesty or morals?

Nobody in Washington cares about me. I have come to terms with that reality.

• Sam

I feel your hatred, I hope you will be OK once he is reelected.

you're an uneducated turd