Does anyone know the title of this old movie - about a kid and a robot (maybe an alien robot)?

I just wanna know because I think this movie is a great one because it's still on my mind and I know it would be nice to watch it again. All I can remember was I watched this movie when was a kid. I'm 22 y/o now so the movie I guess was released in 90's, I'm not sure though. The movie is about this... show more I just wanna know because I think this movie is a great one because it's still on my mind and I know it would be nice to watch it again. All I can remember was I watched this movie when was a kid. I'm 22 y/o now so the movie I guess was released in 90's, I'm not sure though. The movie is about this kid and a robot, maybe an alien robot. At first kid was having hard time with robot and then he was able to ride in the robot to go some places. The robot could speak too, so I think they became friends. I can remember also one of the scenes in the movie where the kid, being inside the robot, ate food after it(food) was eaten by the robot first. That was kinda funny.

anyway the movie was colored, not block n white. :D