translation from german to english?

i am reading the second book of the "Valis" trilogy by Philip K. Dick, and near the end two characters start a brief german speech, but they say they won't reveal its content to the main character... now im very courious, and google translator cant translate in a comprehensible way. Can anyone translate it for me? The speech is the following (A and B are the two characters speaking):

A)du hast den mensch gerettet

die giftige schlange bekämpfte... es freut mich sehr: danke.

B)die absicht ist nur allzuklar. lass mich fragen: wann also wird das dunkel schwinden?

A)sobald dich führt der freundschaft hand ins heiligtum zum ewigen band

B)o wie?

A)du...

wie stark ist nicht dein zauberton, deine musik. sing immer fur alle menschen, durch ewigkeit

dabei ist das dunkel zerstoren

B)ja.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Rain
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

A) du hast den Menschen gerettet, die giftige Schlange bekämpft... es freut mich sehr, danke.

you have saved the human (person) fighting the poisonous snake ... I am very pleased, thank you.

B) die Absicht ist nur allzu klar. Lass mich fragen: wann also wird das Dunkel schwinden?

The intention is only too clear. Let me ask: So when the darkness will disappear?

A) sobald dich führt der Freundschaft Hand ins Heiligtum zum ewigen Band

when the hand of friendship leads you to the sanctuary to the eternal band

B) oh wie? oh, how

A) du... you

wie stark ist dein Zauberton, deine Musik. Sing immer für alle Menschen, durch alle Ewigkeit das Dunkel zu zerstören

how strong is your magic sound, your music. Sing for all people, through all eternity, to destroy the darkness

B) ja. yes

Source(s): native
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.