Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 8 years ago

Do fat men have trouble in the dating world...?

as opposed to slim or muscular males?

=Would you disagree with the common myth that women do not care about looks, but rather care about personality?

To the people saying he must have money: That is not true. I have turned down muscular rich guys as well as fat rich guys...The boyfriends I have had in my life have been lower middle class and some even jobless college students when I was in school. From what I have seen, fat women do get alot of action...I know that because when I was fat I would still get cute guys and the guys that I wanted turns out had fat girlfriends....

I believe "just me" is correct...besides every individual is different and has developed a preference for what they find attractive for many reasons. I know one girl who dates fat men because she thinks no one will look at him so he will never cheat....interesting, huh?

Favorite Answer

Yes, so do unattractive men. Yeah, sure you can be rich to get women, but how many men do you know will become rich and get beautiful supermodel types of women? I have seen plenty of pretty girls but they are ALL dating skinny guys, roughly as small as them.

You cannot just buy tons of women, especially for nothing. It's the view that women are objects that causes men to think up strange ideas. Women are humans like them...

EDIT:

Yeah, I have rejected an ugly guy with tons of money as well. I think guys just make this up in their mind when they claim girls only like guys who are rich. Rich guys won't even bother with a girl who doesn't look like a Kate Upton. Most are probably just jealous of other guys who can get girls and go around claiming weird things.

I want a guy my own age and built, not some old man who is loaded with cash. That is creepy, even girl should find a ped to be a creep.

Fat Man Dating

• h

Yes I disagree with that. Women have always cared about what Men look like. But with both Women & Men you generally have to pass through the social gauntlet of family & friends before they are given the nod. And just being in good shape or handsome is not going to give you that nod if you're a Man. But for Women unless she's an absolute Mental Case it will. Maybe not with his Female Friends & Family Members but with the Male ones yeah.

I will say that some of that is changing a little bit though. But in general Women are usually looking for a step up in social & financial status. Guys do that to but they don't do it through Women as much as Women do that through Men.

It's becoming more acceptable for Women to bash Men when it comes to how they look etc & less acceptable for Men to do that to Women. Part of that is just how the image of the Woman & Female in General has Risen as Laws have changed to Favor Women. Women are looked at as Powerful Nurturing & Successful Mothers now a Days. And Men are Looked at as schmoes most of the time lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7vtyheqPVU

Youtube thumbnail

I mean lets be Honest a lot of the rude stuff that Men used to be able to say about Women in the 50's they can not freakin say anymore lol. And stuff that Women were never allowed to say to Men they can just let roll off the tongue the same way Men used to.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

as opposed to slim or muscular males?

Source(s): fat men trouble dating world: https://shortly.im/XnHJb
  • ?

Ive seen many fat men who were in relationships or married. It is true thou, personality can make up for lack of physical beauty. Not just men dating women but a women with a great personality can make up for other short comings too. Men don't always need the hottest women either. sometimes people just click. Stereotypes be damned.

A fat guy usually has trouble, but can make up for it with money. A fat girl is like a man, she's gonna have to work.

I think fat guys have trouble dating but it doesn't necessarily have to do with their appearance. Fat guys are just usually low on self esteem, for obvious reasons, and that is where the trouble comes in. I weigh over 300 pounds and have never had a problem meeting girls or dating

• .

No, fat women have the trouble. Biologically, men can provide (money, job) whereas women are the ones that have to be attractive. Notice in media as well, fat men have attractive wives but its never the other way around.

so long as he has a fat wallet, it's all good

• GaryT.

Not if he is rich.

The typical American woman will genuinely feel "deep love" for any man with money. After the money is gone, however, she will feel "she needs space".

----------

Women are prosititutes. The only question is the price.