Texas Electric company forcibly installed a Smart Meter despite numerous letters sent stating otherwise. Help!?

My in-laws sent letters to their electric company requesting they remove the smart meter after they found out numerous health concerns related to it. After a while of no action they went ahead and removed it themselves (taking pictures of the values on it), sent it back to the company and then replaced it with an... show more My in-laws sent letters to their electric company requesting they remove the smart meter after they found out numerous health concerns related to it. After a while of no action they went ahead and removed it themselves (taking pictures of the values on it), sent it back to the company and then replaced it with an old analog version. A few days later a tech showed up to forcibly re-install the smart meter accompanied by three armed police officers. In short the tech threatened severe consequences if they removed the meter again and he actually placed two locks on the meter to boot.
My in-laws want the smart meter gone as their is no reason why an analog meter can't be used and smart meters have too much evidence suggesting harmful radiation emission.
Short of cutting off the power to the house completely, how can they get the smart meter off their property legally and get the electric company to stop harassing them?