Hunger Games or Stupid, Slightly Wrong Word Games?

Tracker Jackers, Muttations, Morphling? Is that illiterate moron Susan Collins serious?
Update: Oh I've read plenty of books and yet these are the first words that made me want to kick the author in their face. Tracker Jackers...jeez. My eight year old could do better. Hell, super mega ultra wasp wouldn't have sounded so stupid. Also, I didn't say it was those words that made her illiterate.... show more Oh I've read plenty of books and yet these are the first words that made me want to kick the author in their face. Tracker Jackers...jeez. My eight year old could do better. Hell, super mega ultra wasp wouldn't have sounded so stupid.

Also, I didn't say it was those words that made her illiterate. It's her writing skills that prove she's illiterate.

Muttations? Just, why? What is wrong with the word mutations? Seeing how it doesn't sound completely ignorant.

Morphling? Because 200 years in the future people will have forgotten how to say "ine"?
Update 2: "I don't see what's so ... words and concepts." Mutations and Morphine aren't made up concepts, so why not just stick with the accepted English words for them? "A "mutt" generally refers to a dog with the DNA of two different breeds .... new kind of creature, or a... show more "I don't see what's so ... words and concepts."
Mutations and Morphine aren't made up concepts, so why not just stick with the accepted English words for them?

"A "mutt" generally refers to a dog with the DNA of two different breeds .... new kind of creature, or a 'mutt'."
So what does a term for a mixed breed dog have to do with mixed breed birds or insects?

"I don't understand ... I'll bet you would have something to say about her use of the term 'hijack' as well.)."
Nope. Hijack is an actual word.

"Point is, the series is hers ... is subjective, but she can definitely write.
Nope point is that writing something popular doesn't mean you wrote something well. Take this series and the twilight series as examples. "Illiteracy refers to the inability to read" Right you are, so perhaps you're illiterate since I mentioned that it wasn't these idiotic words that made her illiterate. I