What do you think of the name Chase?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

really...not much

Chase and Chance are both Hollywood-type names chosen for generic characters to supposedly impress the audience with their machismo.

They are often the Navy Seal or Army commando who dies heroically, sacrificing himself for his comrades.

They rarely have a last name since the character doesn't need to be fully realized as he's just there to move the story along a little bit.

I know real-life people with these names.

They thought they were really cool when in their teens.

As adults, they're embarrassed by them.

Chase is studying to be a financial manager and is contemplating a name change since he feels it ties him to Chase banks and may limit his job options.

Chance is sooooooooooo tired of "take a chance" jokes and he finds playing poker with his friends to be tiresome bcs of the name.

He goes by his middle name, Raymond (Ray) and, professionally uses C. Raymond (surname).

There was a time when both were younger that they found fault with their names.

As with all single syllable names, they're very limiting in the use of nns.

At age 6 or so, they wanted a nn like everybody else had but soon realized that Chay-see and Chance-ee sounded weird.

• 9 years ago

No there's a poor boy at school and all people say to him is what are you chasing and go chase. I feel so sorry for him.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

One of my best friends is named Chase. :) I like that name. But for a girl... it's definitely interesting... But I like interesting names! ;)

• ?
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Sounds bratty and immature, I always picture a wild little kid running around having to be chased. I prefer Charles.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

My sons middle name is chase (cameron chase) c.c for short. I think its a great name:)

Source(s): My husband wanted it to be chance sounds TO MUCH LIKE A DOGS NAME LOL
  • 9 years ago

I like it! Very masculine and classic. I wouldn't use it but I do like it. I prefer Chance over Chase.

• 9 years ago

Kinda

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Don't care for it as a given name - far better as a nickname for Charles.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

i personally love that name for a boy or girl. that may seem a little strange for a girl but its different and i love it.(: for a boy its very 'strong' in a sense and has a really nice ring to it(:

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I know a cute little girl whose name is Chassie and it is such a cute name and pretty similar.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.