Will going from a regular metal lead to copper speaker wire complete a circuit?

I'm trying to build something for a project (a homemade security buzzer), and I need to complete a circuit which contains a battery, a switch (a clothespin separating/connecting the leads) and a 75db buzzer.

The buzzer has a positive and negative lead, but I don't have the proper wire, nor do I have a soldering gun to solder it to the switch to complete the circuit.

Can I use electrical tape, and tape the end of the metal lead on the buzzer, to a copper speaker wire terminal, and will this complete the circuit?

In simpler terms, instead of soldering a metal lead wire to another metal lead wire, can I use electrical tape to connect a metal lead wire to speaker wire without damaging the signal?

• Ecko
    Best Answer

There are various connectors using crimps or screws that don't need solder, but you can generally connect two wires temporarily by stripping off a short length of insulation and twisting the bare metal wires together, and then insulating them with covering layer of tape or heat-shrink. The first link below shows a few pictures of twisted wire connections, even though they were in preparation for soldering.

A soldering gun is not the best tool for electronic sized wires anyway - you need a soldering iron, some models are very cheap. The second link shows one example. Use resin cored solder about 1mm thick.

since electrical tape helps in joining you can use it but there is a possibility that the signal is damaged partially