Will going from a regular metal lead to copper speaker wire complete a circuit?

I'm trying to build something for a project (a homemade security buzzer), and I need to complete a circuit which contains a battery, a switch (a clothespin separating/connecting the leads) and a 75db buzzer. The buzzer has a positive and negative lead, but I don't have the proper wire, nor do I have a... show more I'm trying to build something for a project (a homemade security buzzer), and I need to complete a circuit which contains a battery, a switch (a clothespin separating/connecting the leads) and a 75db buzzer.

The buzzer has a positive and negative lead, but I don't have the proper wire, nor do I have a soldering gun to solder it to the switch to complete the circuit.

Can I use electrical tape, and tape the end of the metal lead on the buzzer, to a copper speaker wire terminal, and will this complete the circuit?

In simpler terms, instead of soldering a metal lead wire to another metal lead wire, can I use electrical tape to connect a metal lead wire to speaker wire without damaging the signal?