Question about my 05 Cadillac STS?

so the driver side door doesn't always (well, rarely now) unlock when you approach the car or press the unlock button on the remote. It would on some occasions when i used the unlock button, but hasnt worked in a long while. i mentioned this to someone at the cadillac dealership here and he told me to fix... show more so the driver side door doesn't always (well, rarely now) unlock when you approach the car or press the unlock button on the remote. It would on some occasions when i used the unlock button, but hasnt worked in a long while. i mentioned this to someone at the cadillac dealership here and he told me to fix that id have to buy an entire new door panel, which i think he said was $400+ or maybe more, don't remember, but it was a lot.

point being. i called bullsh!t.... I'm pretty sure there's a switch mechanism that controls that, and maybe a wire or the connector is loose and just needs readjusting or replacing. i did a little research for caddy parts and found 5 switches that go in the door that control those kinds of things, and i narrowed it down to like, 2 of them that might be correct but im not an auto expert.

what i wanna know is am i right here? is this guy just trying to make money off me because im a chick and know nothing about cars? i had a switch problem in another car that was easy to fix by just getting a new switch since a clip broke on it. i dont see how it would make sense to replace an entire door panel just for an autolock mechanism. also, i asked them to order a new plastic console for the seat controls since the clips broke on the passenger side, and he said he would be 80$ i found those online for 15-25 and they seem to just clip in place. he never did.. it wasnt worth the money for them to fix that i guess so he claims he would do it and never called.

they seems shady and trying to squeeze every penny out they can since i drive a caddy they think i got the money. things have changed since i bought it, im not rich and cant afford to be taken advantage of for something that could be a simple fix. any of you car guys able to help clarify this for me? thanks :)
Update: wow humveetech, i dont know why you have to be such an ***. he DID say door panel, and he told me by phone he'd order the part and would call me when it came in, and i NEVER cop an attitude with anyone, especially those providing a service to me, im not a fcuking dick. i worked in a service industry where... show more wow humveetech, i dont know why you have to be such an ***. he DID say door panel, and he told me by phone he'd order the part and would call me when it came in, and i NEVER cop an attitude with anyone, especially those providing a service to me, im not a fcuking dick. i worked in a service industry where angry clients are common and even then when someones b!tching at me you still talk with a smile, im not an impolite ungrateful b!itch, i say please and thank you whenever i request anything and if it seems like it might be too much trouble i dont even bother. and its hilarious how upset this somehow makes me because you are so far from the truth its funny. i came here to ask for help with my car not have my integrity as a decent person questioned just because you see things as black and white and automatically assume because i own a caddy im a stuck up *****.

im aware there are several switches in that door, i looked them up on some different parts website, i have no idea which