Medical question about legally prescribed narcotics & alcohol.Please unless you seriously know,don't answer?

I'm a recovering alcoholic and off the wall with pain killers,i mean bad.Liver failure in 2005.I drank 18hrs out of 24yrs due to sleeping the remaining hrs.While taking up to 8 (10's) 1000mg Vicodin's daily.I have close to 20 months sobriety in now : ) what is worse for your liver Vicodin or alcohol? I... show more I'm a recovering alcoholic and off the wall with pain killers,i mean bad.Liver failure in 2005.I drank 18hrs out of 24yrs due to sleeping the remaining hrs.While taking up to 8 (10's) 1000mg Vicodin's daily.I have close to 20 months sobriety in now : ) what is worse for your liver Vicodin or alcohol? I think the Vics are what really did my liver in personally.I'm glad to be sober now and WOULD NEVER go back to that life of misery.But what do you think is harder on the liver?Thanks.