I totally agree. I am a redneck and I am one of the most nonjudgmental, accepting, respectable, unbiased people you will ever meet in your life. Also, I have many black, hispanic, arabic, and asian friends, as a matter of fact my best friend is Indian.
Primarily, because the liberal media portrays Southern whites as racists, not just the categorization of rednecks. Southern whites are legally prohibited from saying anything remotely racist, and educational institutions, televised broadcasts, and holiday are valid examples. I could logically state this in a long, immensely detailed statement, but maybe you would comprehend my concept better if I give you certain examples:
1. Black, Hispanic, Asian, Middle Eastern, and biracial comedians are free to express their perspectives about one another racially as well as mock whites, yet, their is legal consequences if whites express racial viewpoints about blacks, hispanics, native americans, pacific islanders, and asians.
2. Blacks and Hispanics can have their own television shows, but white people are ostracized from having their own television shows because it is considered racist.
3. Their is Black History month, and Cinco de Mayo, but white people cannot have a holiday for themselves because it is racist.
4. An educational facility consisting of only black students is not racist, but an educational institution comprised of whites is racist.
5. Displaying various depictions of the rebel flag is racist, not knowing it represents present as well as past southern traditions and customs in which me value, but wearing FUBU clothing products are not racist.
6. Rednecks being racist, trailer park residing, ignorant, mentally incompetent, NASCAR watching individuals is not labeled a stereotype in today's society, but Blacks liking fried chicken, watermelons, and grape drink is, Hispanics working jobs that have cheap hourly wages,and commute with 15 people in one vehicle is, Asian people liking spicy foods, noodles, and being highly intellectual and owning liquor stores convenient stores and becoming doctors is, or Native Americans loving to gamble in casinos is, and naturalized born Middle Eastern citizens abhoring Americans, bombing buildings, living in caves, and wearing head garments while growing long beards is.
In summary, in today's society only whites are labeled racists, and American southerners are labled racist rednecks, when in fact that is not true whatsoever. You have to realize that racism is a form of prejudice and discrimination that can be implemented or or typified by individuals of different races, cultures, and nationalities not just American whites, especially southerners
· 6 years ago