promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 years ago

Why do I feel the spirit of the Founding Fathers whenever I hear Ron Paul speak?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Because you are apparently intelligent. Those here who deride the man, don't even understand what he is saying.

Take for example what WickedGoose so kindly linked. Here is an article written by a Heritage Foundation PHD talking about Dr Paul's "isolationism" which doesn't exist. Heritage of course is a Hamiltonian anti-federalist rightwing organization that believes non-interventionism is indistinguishable with isolationism, which founding fathers like Washington knew to be false. The concepts that Dr Paul promotes don't fit into the 12 second soundbyte that most Americans can understand. When Dr Paul talks about Iran and nukes, most of America only hears 'it's okay for Iran to have nukes". That is what someone with a 3rd grade reading ability can comprehend, and that unfortunately is the majority of voters. They simply do not understand the man and so must deride him to cover their own ignorance.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

Because ron paul is a libertarian. He believes that the constitution was accurate when the founding fathers wrote it before everyone made corrupt amandments to it...now its flawed. Nobody else understands that. Nobody else like his foreign policy because they think we should keep bullying the rest of the world. Too many people can't form their own opinions and let the mainstream media do the thinking for them.

I could go on...but nobody else can make a difference to this country except ron paul because nobody else sees what the real problems are. If you listen to ron paul supporters you'll see that they saw through all the lies and that's why they're so faithful to pauls words.

• 8 years ago

Because you're dreaming?

Ron Paul is for anarchy and chaos. Chaos doesn't bring positive change...it brings fear and worry. We don't want to choose a leader because we fear what COULD happen. We want to choose a leader who has intelligent ideas, is working tirelessly for the people and one who is calm and rational in the face of grave threats and major challenges.

I go with Barack Obama in 2012.

Edit: Ron Paul is a Republican, no matter what he says. Sorry...I've never seen the Republicans help anyone but themselves and the people on top. They continue to fight wars for oil and when they aren't doing that, they are cutting programs that help the people instead of making the rich pay their fair share.

I do see the lies of the mainstream media. That's why I'm not supporting the 1% as the Republicans are.

Edit: @Top Source: So true. I'd forgotten that. Very good article!

• 8 years ago

Probably because Ron Paul is actually George Washington reincarnated.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Because he talks about what we should really be doing and that usually falls in line with the beliefs of our founding fathers.

I would vote for him but if I did I would in essence be giving my vote to Obama so I can't do that.

Please do not allow the Marxist to have another term. I am sure Ron Paul has talked about the seriousness of another Obama term. Two court justices, Tax and Spend us to oblivion.

Vote wisely and make it count.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

probably because you're not well acquainted with our Founding Fathers and what they believed! for instance, do you know how many people actually believe they weren't Christians? they claim the FF were "Deists", as if deists reject the idea of a Creator, they do not! all a deist believes is that after the creator finished creating the universe He "stepped aside" and let it progress on its own!

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Did you also feel the Founding Fathers when he signed Grover Norquist's Pledge, to never close Corporate tax loopholes at the expense of the Middle Class? ..

Or maybe you need a better pot dealer?

• 8 years ago

Hmmm, hmmm, tough one...

Maybe bc the Founders built their wealth on slavery, and Ron Paul is a rank racist.

"the newsletters [published by Ron Paul] contained dozens of statements marked by bigotry and conspiratorial thinking"

. .

The New Republic mag:

http://www.tnr.com/article/politics/99666/ron-paul...

• He's closer to it than Obama is, that's for sure - Obama is on record as saying the Constitution is fundamentally flawed. and Romney has taken so many positions that I don't know what he really thinks - and maybe neither does he.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Because you apparently don't know much about your Founding Fathers?

http://blog.heritage.org/2012/01/21/the-ideology-o...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.