What do you think of my 15 favorite movies?

1. Taxi Driver

2. Godfather 2

3.The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

4. Gladiator

5. The Godfather

6. Pulp Fiction

7. The shawshank redemption

8. American Beauty

9. Saving Private ryan

10. Donnie Darko

11. The Shining

12. Into the wild

13. The Thin red line

14. LoTR Return of the king

15. Senna (documentary)

Films like the Pianist, Forrest Gump, Schindlers list, inglourious basterds just missed out.

Would you change anything?

• Donny
    Favorite Answer

I love almost all of the movies on that list! But how can Taxi Driver be you favorite movie, and Goodfellas and Raging Bull not even be in your top 15?

nice list though, you should make an official list on IMDb like me

http://www.imdb.com/list/my3opKc677o/

• Shadow

It's a pretty decent list that contains many standard "best" movies that appear in most other lists, but I can't really fault it - they are pretty much the greatest movies ever made. However, it only contains American films in the English language - there are many brilliant movies made in other countries that would challenge most on your list, so maybe have a look around in the World Cinema section at some point. But I completely agree with what you have there, and think that you're pretty much on the money.

1. Don't know, haven't seen it.

2. I think it's great, loved it. Gripping, etc.

3. Can't remember it, it's supposed to be great though but I was like 8 when I saw part of it so idk.

4. Haven't seen it.

5. Good, but I prefer the second Godfather.

6. It's excellent. The lines are funny, the whole non-linear-ness of it... I love Quentin.

7. Idk.

8. I liked it, it was sad though, but the acting was good and it was an interesting ending. But the ending was so sad. I felt sorry for the army style Dad character, despite the fact that he was completely unreasonable.

9. Idk.

10. Woo, Frank the bunnyrabbit. Nah, I'm really fond of this movie. Donnie is a very likeable character. It's pretty sad though, the heroic ending.

11. Kubrick, yay. I liked it, it was good.

12. Want to see it.

13. Haven't heard of it. Probably should have?

14. Can't remember which one that is because they blur into one, but I like all of them.

15. Idk.

Ummm. I guess the ones of these that I've heard of are pretty popular choices. Maybe I'd recommend watching some comedies, because laughing's important, and some cult classics/ lesser known movies because they can be truly excellent as well as big films.

Great taste man, Donnie Darko is my personal favorite. You should check out A Clockwork Orange, 2001: A Space Odyssey, And The Boondock Saints if you haven't already.

• Leo

Some I agree with, some I don't. I would definitely put Goodfellas on my list as well as Schindler's List, both near the top. Gandhi would also be on my list along with The Empire Strikes Back (just to add a little variety).

Awesome list, you have good taste in "Dark films", I love Donnie Darko, I could never make a top 15 list, I have to many favorites & they alway change

I would say they are very good movies and also Hollywood blockbusters that please everyone.....I've seen them, like them much but I would not call any one of them my favourite. I usually have problem to choose what is on top of my list but I want to encourage you to watch 10 amazing but not too Hollywoody movies...

Pan's Labirynth by Guillermo del Torro

Angel-A by Luc Besson

La Haine (Hate) by Mathieu Kassovitz

Amores Perros

Oldboy

Lust, Caution by Ang Lee

Memoirs of Geisha

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

Intouchables (2011)

Funny Games

• Dr. X

Every one of those movies except Senna and Into the Wild, are great, I can't say for those two though, never saw them.

Persuite Of Happiness - Will Smith

Add To Your List...

same really cool movies there