Should I lose contact with my mother when I'm older?

Should I lose contact with my mother/parents when I'm older? I have a very controlling mother (my dad's controlling, but somewhat more reasonable). You may be thinking it's because I'm asian and I've heard all about the 'tiger mom' things but they're not really controlling in the... show more Should I lose contact with my mother/parents when I'm older? I have a very controlling mother (my dad's controlling, but somewhat more reasonable). You may be thinking it's because I'm asian and I've heard all about the 'tiger mom' things but they're not really controlling in the whole 'go practice this bla bla for 3 hours'. More in the sense that they are just harsh with trying to criticise me for everything even stupid stuff I can't control like height (she's shorter than me!). They just want to control my whole life for me and my future and my mother especially belittles me so much. I'm someone who has a very controlled composure usually, but recently I'm finding it hard not to cry or stop my eyes from watering. At least, the crying's usually at night. I'm 16 atm, but will be going to university (UK) in london in only 2 years and I'm thinking that's when I should try distance myself. I was almost unable to go there cos my mum keeps trying to push the idea of staying closer to home now that I'm older and my older brother's already gone, even though SHE kept telling me to go oxbridge. Before I was born they gave me and each of my siblings a job choice which we'd do. Mine was a doctor and at first I didn't want to, but it kind of interests me now. I just wish they didn't keep pressuring me though or saying crap to others like "It's because her grandma was one" or "She's going to be a heart surgeon" (I never decided that and it's not in what she first wanted from me) or that I was given time to decide it for myself so I'd be more certain. They don't want me to have any boyfriends and even are uncomfortable having friends who are guys. I'm DEFFINITELY not allowed to interacially date/marry. My dad has even occasionally said stuff like in a trying to be subtle way "Do you want me to pick a guy for you to marry when you're older?" And I say no, and he's like "Hey!" as if I've just back chatted him. I want to find that guy myself if that's the only choice I were to get. She's so degrading too and condescending and ALWAYS screaming over little things. Like my mum came in my room and saw the sweeped up pile of dirt and there were like 5 bobby pins in there, which she over analysed saying stuff like "You're going to be poor, you can't save.." Or when we had company at home and we were at the dining table and she asked me to do something but I couldn't find it and at first I was smiling sheepishly along with the guests but then she was all like "She's so slow minded." And then the guests looked bad and tried defending me subtly saying "She's just tired" and then my mum casually goes "No, she's always been like that." She's always casually calling me stupid, or shouting "what's the point of having kids if they don't clean?!" or saying "you're not like me at all". She even said "You're getting uglier Mon" before :/ And when I've been working my butt off revising all fortnight, she was all like "You need to clean your room" and I told her it's because I've got a lot of work to do and even showed her my notebook and she scoffed and said condescendingly "Yeah yeah, now you start, you're always messing about on that laptop." I swear I'm finding it hard not to crack. If I were to cry she just says "Crying's for the weak" ?!?!
I've tried to be distant and cold with her for the past few months though, but she doesn't even realise I'm cold because of HER not me. And before you think "maybe you should try talking to her", seriously, she's not that kind of mother. If you answer her question or prove her wrong, that's 'back chatting' apparently or you're attitude is becoming worse. I'm thinking when I go to uni in 2 years that I'll eventually just date who I choose behind her back and you know since being a doctor and all is time consuming will see her less and less, enough that I can just start my own life and maybe move away to another city or even country and lose contact with her. Tbh, the only thing which is keeping me going and stopping me from having a complete break down is the potential of my future. :/

Sorry this was long, but I really need another oppinion.

Thanks :)
Update: The main thing isn't about her complaining about my height at all :/ Please make sure you grasp my situation before answering, it would help if you read most of it please :)