Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Can I change my flight reservation by coming home two days earlier without a big fine?

I have a reservation for june, flying out from Kalispell, mt on june 21 through Alaska/Frontier Airlines, purchased through Orbitz, and coming back on june 30. My problem is my family ALSO planned a vacation...here..lol...as a surprise..so...I want to see if I can fly back on the 28, without a massive penalty. I checked the prices, and its actually only about $20.00 more to do just that, but I am not sure who would be the right people to call..the Airlines themselves, or Orbitz? I would appreciate any feedback, because I still have plenty of time to make changes, I just dont want to call one if people know the best choice would be to call the other directly. I am hoping that because there isnt much of a price difference it will not be that much of a big deal, mainly thinking of like a $200.00 fine or something, and what exactly would you say? Sorry, this has never happened to me....

5 Answers

Relevance
  • kapn
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Orbitz only sold the ticket......they do not care what you do......you have to call the airlines for any changes......the issue besides the penalty will be availability Kalispell is a small airport and the flights are almost always full........

• 9 years ago

usually when you change a booking, you have to pay the ticket for the day itself and the changing fee. So check carefully on the charges and compare whether to change is more worth while or straight purchase a new ticket. Since you purchase through orbitz, is better for you to call Orbitz.

• 9 years ago

If you booked through Orbitz, you call them. But I would call both Orbitz and Alaska/Frontier Airlines just to confirm.

• 9 years ago

Check with the people you bought the tickets from. Any change will always involve a penalty.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • AJ
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

You should work directly with the airline and skip Orbitz.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.