Can I change my flight reservation by coming home two days earlier without a big fine?

I have a reservation for june, flying out from Kalispell, mt on june 21 through Alaska/Frontier Airlines, purchased through Orbitz, and coming back on june 30. My problem is my family ALSO planned a vacation...here..lol...as a surprise..so...I want to see if I can fly back on the 28, without a massive penalty. I checked the prices, and its actually only about $20.00 more to do just that, but I am not sure who would be the right people to call..the Airlines themselves, or Orbitz? I would appreciate any feedback, because I still have plenty of time to make changes, I just dont want to call one if people know the best choice would be to call the other directly. I am hoping that because there isnt much of a price difference it will not be that much of a big deal, mainly thinking of like a $200.00 fine or something, and what exactly would you say? Sorry, this has never happened to me....

• kapn
    Favorite Answer

Orbitz only sold the ticket......they do not care what you do......you have to call the airlines for any changes......the issue besides the penalty will be availability Kalispell is a small airport and the flights are almost always full........

usually when you change a booking, you have to pay the ticket for the day itself and the changing fee. So check carefully on the charges and compare whether to change is more worth while or straight purchase a new ticket. Since you purchase through orbitz, is better for you to call Orbitz.

If you booked through Orbitz, you call them. But I would call both Orbitz and Alaska/Frontier Airlines just to confirm.

Check with the people you bought the tickets from. Any change will always involve a penalty.

• AJ

You should work directly with the airline and skip Orbitz.