Who's voice is better: Bruce Dickinson's or Brad Delp's?

In their best times, who's voice do you think is better?

a) Bruce Dickinson from Iron Maiden

b) Brad Delp from Boston

And why?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Delp was a very good singer, but he doesn't compare to the power, control and range of Dickinson. The main reason that Boston sounded so great was that Tom Sholz is a master musician, music engineer and music equipment designer. He played every instrument except drums on all of the songs on their demo tapes. He engineered all of their albums. He single handedly shaped and formed the sound of Boston. Sholz took a good, solid singer in Delp and made him sound like one of the greatest singers in rock history. I challenge you to find a live recording or non Boston studio album recording of Delp that compares to Delp's sound on an album engineered by Tom Sholz. But Bruce Dickinson could walk into any nightclub, with a crappy sound system and he would still sound like Bruce Dickinson. Like I said, Delp was an accomplished singer who was propelled into greatness by a one of the greatest sound engineers who ever stepped foot into his own hand built, self designed music studio, plugged his instruments into his self designed, self built sound pedals and cranked up the dials on his mixing board. Without Sholz' music mastery, Delp is a footnote in the pages of rock history. Sholz is a studio god

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Hmmm. I am a huge Iron Maiden fan but I say Brad Delp. He has the voice and Bruce has the Range.

• 8 years ago

Bruce <3

• Dr. X
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

Brad Delp no question.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Bruce Dickinson for sure!

It had more operatic power behind it. You could hear the strong lung support he has when he sings.

Not to mention, he is one of the most entertaining frontmen EVER. He really puts on a great show. :)

• poutre
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

i say king diamond..he has more beneficial of a kind to his voice, or something like that, he differences his voice more beneficial oftentimes. now a strong question might want to be, bruce dickinson or Russell Allen from symphony x

• 8 years ago

brad

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.