If America went bankrupt, what would happen to other countries?

I think this is what would happen, The rest of the world, as America falls: China: No one to sell to anymore. Economy collapses and China disintegrates. Japan: High tech but worse off than America. She collapsed first. EU: Holds together for a while, but runs out of cash shortly thereafter and Europe... show more I think this is what would happen,
The rest of the world, as America falls:

China: No one to sell to anymore. Economy collapses and China disintegrates.

Japan: High tech but worse off than America. She collapsed first.

EU: Holds together for a while, but runs out of cash shortly thereafter and Europe collapses.

Russia: Potentially reverts to communism.

ME (not Israel): Every remaining regime will collapse as there will no longer be anyone to sell oil to.

Asia (not China or Japan): With China no longer a major player (possibly numerous countries again), North Korean regime collapses. However, dictators all over the region flex military might. Massive wars.

Africa: Famine and death. Without American aid, charity based development comes to a halt. War over resources by dictators in region.

Israel: Has the best chance of any nation to weather the storm. On its way to energy independence as is, with the collapse of the oil market, no one will have the money to wage wars and Israel can reduce her military budget and not worry about what people think of her anymore. Cut off aid to the "Palestinians" and tell the Arabs to deal with it, meaning taxes can be lowered and debt can start to be paid off. Economy will sputter for a while, but as she did for decades, she'll survive.

Canada: Collapses shortly after America (30% of economy directly connected to America, with the rest of the economy easily falling if 30% collapses).

South and Central America: Changes will likely be based around drugs

Also the dollar is the worldwide trading currency so that would hurt economies and a new currency would dominate.
12 answers 12